If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: intercom's

Charter Member Charter Member rbtnt's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2001 28 Eliminator Daytona
    Central, Ohio USA

Re: intercom's

I have the Revolution Marine system with the throat mics and they are great. The mics are always hot so you don't miss any words. They also have an option to connect to your engine alarms for an audible to come over the headset.

Re: intercom's

Quote Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
    I just got a Tiger system and it was custom made for my boat with all sealed connections. I had to give them wire lengths for headsets, stereo input, control panel ect... in advance. I am not sure that an aviation system will be sealed like the Tiger one is.
    If you just want to install you'll need to do that with the av systems. There is 1 25pin connector on the back of the unit. It needs to be soldered and sealed. I haven't seen anyone that "pots" the intercom box itself to keep all moisture out but for people on a budget it can be done for under $10.
    All these guys are using av systems, well at least the guys whose units have volume, squelch and the isolate switch between the two knobs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12