Notices

intercom's

Old 05-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: intercom's

I have the Revolution Marine system with the throat mics and they are great. The mics are always hot so you don't miss any words. They also have an option to connect to your engine alarms for an audible to come over the headset.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: intercom's

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
I just got a Tiger system and it was custom made for my boat with all sealed connections. I had to give them wire lengths for headsets, stereo input, control panel ect... in advance. I am not sure that an aviation system will be sealed like the Tiger one is.
If you just want to install you'll need to do that with the av systems. There is 1 25pin connector on the back of the unit. It needs to be soldered and sealed. I haven't seen anyone that "pots" the intercom box itself to keep all moisture out but for people on a budget it can be done for under $10.
All these guys are using av systems, well at least the guys whose units have volume, squelch and the isolate switch between the two knobs.