Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Paint ideas for new hatch scoops? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/102394-paint-ideas-new-hatch-scoops.html)

Sean H 05-04-2005 10:10 PM

Re: Paint ideas for new hatch scoops?

i like the HO idea.... :D but the yellow/red looks good too...

Harper220 05-05-2005 09:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, here's the final outcome... I think they turned out sweet!! Hope you like... :D

Harper220 05-05-2005 05:47 PM

I went to Home Depot looking for some wire mesh to insert into the opening of the scoops with no luck. Got home, looked down at my office trash can and presto, instant wire mesh, exactly what I'm looking for.

Now, what's the best way to secure the mesh inside the mouth of the scoop once it's cut to fit? A little silicone, perhaps?

Also, I'm a little bummed that no one has commented on my final paint job... :D:D

Wild 05-06-2005 07:36 AM

I'll be the first, those look awsome.

Good luck with the finished product

Wild

Chart 05-06-2005 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Harper220
I went to Home Depot looking for some wire mesh to insert into the opening of the scoops with no luck. Got home, looked down at my office trash can and presto, instant wire mesh, exactly what I'm looking for.

So, what kind of new office trash can are you going to get :D :D :D

Scoops look nice.

Python82 05-06-2005 08:41 AM

Your scoops look good!!! How long did you have to wait to get them?? I order the same thing for Hardin Marine and they said that they didn't know when they would get any more in??

Harper220 05-06-2005 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Python82
Your scoops look good!!! How long did you have to wait to get them?? I order the same thing for Hardin Marine and they said that they didn't know when they would get any more in??

Let me put it this way, I made at least 10 calls to CP asking when they would be ready and shipped. Actually it took at least 6-8 weeks...

Harper220 05-06-2005 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Wild
I'll be the first, those look awsome.

Good luck with the finished product

Wild

Thank you. I've never had anything custom painted. All though a very small project, it's awesome when something turns out better than expected...

Harper220 05-06-2005 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Chart
So, what kind of new office trash can are you going to get :D :D :D

Scoops look nice.

:D I about $hit when I looked at that trash can and thought, perfect and it's all ready black.

Harper220 05-06-2005 07:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Got'em bolted down, upholstered and back on the boat today. Just need to fit some finishing trim rings in and that's a wrap. I think everything turned out pretty good considering I'm a novice at this sort of thing... :D :D