Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   5k more for Myco Trailer (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/102451-5k-more-myco-trailer.html)

Downtown42 05-05-2005 07:52 AM

Re: 5k more for Myco Trailer

Worried about not sitting properly and developing a hook after several years of being on a trailer. I don't do alot of long distance travel.

Rippem 05-05-2005 07:56 AM

if the bunks are cut right for the bottom, and the bunks extend beyond the transom, this isn't going to happen.

The whole hook thing is a bit overblown. Look at all the racked boats. Do you think a majority of these rack bunks are as properly supporting of the boat bottom as even the least supportive (junk or misfit) trailer?

Downtown42 05-05-2005 08:00 AM

good point sir.

offshoredrillin 05-05-2005 08:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The main reason i got the Myco was they are a (according to Rippem) manufacturer that deals directly with the boat manufacturers, other trailers are purchased by the customers, the Myco is made from bluprints to fit YOUR boat. the first time I loaded onto my Myco from the water on sunday, the boat sat perfect, first try!!! that can't be beat, proper support is the most important. Myco I believe is the only manufacturere that makes custom lift cradles as well. How much of the 5 grand will be left after you have to have the hull redone from bunks set up wrong? Less hassles at the ramp was a great benefit of the Myco. Call and Speak to Bill Tweedie, you wont be dissapointed...Rob

Sean H 05-05-2005 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Rippem
if the bunks are cut right for the bottom, and the bunks extend beyond the transom, this isn't going to happen.

The whole hook thing is a bit overblown. Look at all the racked boats. Do you think a majority of these rack bunks are as properly supporting of the boat bottom as even the least supportive (junk or misfit) trailer?

most racks are junk, but if i was getting a brand new boat and it was going to sit on the trailer all the time, it would be sitting on a myco.... and most trialer builders do source their parts from the same vendors, but every myco i have seen seems to be put together one notch above most trailers... is it worth 5k? i guess that is up to the one with the checkbook, but on a 200k boat i would do it....

Harper220 05-05-2005 08:03 AM

I guess 5k might come in pretty dam handy for gas then?? :D

Rippem 05-05-2005 08:08 AM

and if you're not entirely happy with the fit of the big cypress bunks to the bottom of the boat...an afternoon of adjustment and whitling will achieve perfection, requiring only basic skills.

I would never spend the jack for anything more than a basic aluminum if I was not putting down alot of road miles. Like back and forth to Fla. every winter or something. Which is where I'd like to be!

If it's mainly just gonna be a service trailer for haulouts and winter storage the inexpensive trailer is perfect.

GoCiggie31 05-05-2005 08:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
-for a 200 large boat...no question...step up :cool:

-velocitypwrbtr"At $2.25 a gal. 5k would buy a little gas. Let's hope they come down soon."

Sure wish we had those fuel prices :( still can't understand why so much out here even only 80 miles from refineries :mad:

Rippem 05-05-2005 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
The main reason i got the Myco was they are the ONLY manufacturer that deals directly with the boat manufacturers, other trailers are purchased by the customers, the Myco is made from bluprints to fit YOUR boat.

WRONG. Eagle has a long standing relationship with Formula and Baja among others.

EDIT: and with Fountain. There are alot of 35's sitting on Eagle HD tandem's. ;)

Roger 1 05-05-2005 08:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by RonS
Dave did you check into Manning trailers?

I did. And then bought a Myco.