Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   For the life of me, I can't figure this out.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/102469-life-me-i-cant-figure-out.html)

Waterfoul 05-05-2005 09:48 AM

For the life of me, I can't figure this out....

Got my latest copy of Extreme Boats Magazine yesterday (still the best mag. on the market if you ask me) and there is a short article with pictures of the lastest 33 Daytona to come out of Eliminator. Green graphics boat. Nice looking boat. BUT, it has 900 hp EFI blower motors in it.... running thru what appears to be Bravo drives! What gives? Why would anyone put 900 hp in front of Bravo drives on a boat like that?? Seber got it to 138 mph with more to go.... more like he was affraid he would blast one of the drives off his customers boat.

Why would you not put #6's on this boat? OR maybe the new Konrads at least???

tomtbone1993 05-05-2005 11:23 AM

Re: For the life of me, I can't figure this out....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Waterfoul 05-05-2005 11:56 AM

even with lots of $$$$$$, why would you put something behind those motors that's going to cause down time? That package with #6's would probably cost less in the long run... those motors are probably not going to leave much left of a Bravo drive... there's no rebuiding an exploded upper or lower.

Am I totally out in left field here??

hillbilly24 05-05-2005 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
Got my latest copy of Extreme Boats Magazine yesterday (still the best mag. on the market if you ask me) and there is a short article with pictures of the lastest 33 Daytona to come out of Eliminator. Green graphics boat. Nice looking boat. BUT, it has 900 hp EFI blower motors in it.... running thru what appears to be Bravo drives! What gives? Why would anyone put 900 hp in front of Bravo drives on a boat like that?? Seber got it to 138 mph with more to go.... more like he was affraid he would blast one of the drives off his customers boat.

I think he was probably more worried about killing himself then blowing up a customers drive. This krap with putting Bravos behind 650 HP and up engines on 100 MPH + cats its just plain unsafe. One of those drives goes, and it will, and things could get ugly real quick.

dkwestern 05-05-2005 12:24 PM

Unbelievable if you ask me. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cord 05-05-2005 12:38 PM

Mike, I've posted the same thing several times. In my opinion anybody that puts more than 800 hp before any bravo is being stupid. Stupid because they won't spend the money to step up to the safer drive. Don't forget, there are other Speedmasters out there than just the #6. Any of them will be safe with 800hp. Please let us not forget the HTM accident. We must learn from our past mistakes.

tomtbone1993 05-05-2005 12:51 PM

i have not seen the mag, are the new bravos? not XR's

WETTE VETTE 05-05-2005 02:19 PM

It is a money thing I am sure! I agree a boat that size with that much power will eventually break the Bravo's, it is just a matter of when!! However I do know of one 120 + MPH 33 Daytona that has logged 300 hrs on modified Bravo 1's and hasn't had one break!!! He runs it pretty hard through rough poker run stuff too! He is pushing 800 HP per side with that boat.

CigDaze 05-05-2005 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Waterfoul

It the above is true, than I'm afraid we may be reading some bad news here on OSO this summer. :( :(

Stupid, if you ask me. I wonder how a 33 cat handles at 140+mph with only one drive. :rolleyes:

Airpacker 05-05-2005 02:41 PM

Are they bravos or imco 4x4's?