Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sarasota Poor Mans Poker Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/102499-sarasota-poor-mans-poker-run.html)

cuda 05-05-2005 05:33 PM

Re: Sarasota Poor Mans Poker Run

2 Attachment(s)
They had it set up with five stops on the inside, and a boat a couple miles out in the gulf you could go to for a bonus card. This guy here had no idea what it was, but he got a flyer in the mail, and thought it sounded like fun. He and his wife showed up and wondered what the hell they had gotten into. He skipped the first stop, but was the first boat at all other stops, even the one in the gulf. He won the most enthusiastic award! That's what boating should be all about, getting together having fun, and not a big d!ck contest. :cool:

Johno 05-05-2005 05:54 PM

Crown,
Last weeks OPBA run was actually $125-00, Paid $109-00 for the room at the Hyatt. They ain't gonna get any cheaper than the OPBA runs. Opba does a fun run normally once a month.
We saw ya headed south on ICW Saturday, nice ride & enjoy.
Thunder Marine run should be coming up soon.
We head to Mar Vista real often.
See ya out there

cuda 05-05-2005 06:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Johno even won some nice gifts for the worst hand, and a trophy.

florida gator 05-05-2005 07:16 PM

I would be in for a cheap run.

I will be in Anna Maria again this August.

Donzi Corleone 05-05-2005 07:36 PM

Me toooooooooo..........We have not had a descent weather poker run since May of last year.

cuda 05-05-2005 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Speed2Lead
Me toooooooooo..........We have not had a descent weather poker run since May of last year.

You're right. I think we went on three in the spring last year, and that was it. Too bad Russ isn't doing the SOS again. :(

cuda 05-05-2005 07:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
As I recall, the SOS was only $75/boat.

Formula Outlaw 05-05-2005 09:21 PM

ahhh, the memories of kidney stones. They just keep coming up.

Cuda, you're right. Entry fee was just $ 75.00, best hand was a grand, 2nd was $500.00, 3rd, $250.00, Best Poker Run Boat $ 500.00 and farthest traveled to participate $ 250.00, worst poker hand $ 250.00

One of the best times I don't really remember.

Formula Outlaw 05-05-2005 09:25 PM

News Flash:

Within 2 weeks I will officially be opening up the West Coast Chapter of the Citizens for Florida's Waterways. The PO Box is 568, Nokomis, FL, 34274-0568

I will be doing a Poker Run for CFFW based on the same format as last year's SOS. I wasn't going to announce it for another couple of weeks, but hell might as well let the cat out of the bag. Just when is still up in the air but it will be this year. Low cost, lots of fun, and decent prizes.

How about some suggestions to what time of year? I'm thinking late Sept. maybe early Oct. but would like your feedback. Russ

cuda 05-05-2005 11:43 PM

Russ, I'll come even if I have to bring the fishboat.