Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Trailer Suggestions... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/102533-trailer-suggestions.html)

Ca$hed Out 05-05-2005 09:34 PM

Trailer Suggestions...

I have a 28' Nordic Heat and as you may know, Nordic makes a really nice triple axle tailer. However, mine was dipped in salt water by the previous owner (2001 - 2003.5) and is now rusting from the inside out. I had to replace a tail lamp and when I pulled it out, the inside of the trailer was half full (no exaggeration) with flaked metal...in some instances, over 1/16" thick! Interesting that I ddin't notice this when I bought it however, after 2 years of fresh water, it is getting really bad.

So I have 2 questions really...
1 - How much longer do I have with this trailer? It scares me to think it is rusting that bad from the inside...
2 - What would make a good replacement trailer?

I used to only tow to and from our lake house (about 120 miles) and then 3 miles to ramp back and forth every weekend. However, now we are looking as far as 6 hours north and south for various poker runs...

hillbilly24 05-05-2005 09:38 PM

Re: Trailer Suggestions...

As far as repalcement trailers I would go with an Extreme or Pacific if you want stell or Myco or Allison if you want alluminum. The Pacific trailers are pretty cool. they are a sealed unit and they have a pressure guage and an air chuck on them so you can keep 5-10PSI of air pressure on them and as long as there pressure, water cant get in.

t500hps 05-05-2005 09:41 PM

There's another thread about trailer going on right now. Just buy a 20 foot lawn trailer and run 2 bunks down the middle. Then during the week you can carry your mower across town and make a few extra bucks :rolleyes:

OK, Everyone agrees Myco is the best, but consider your budget. I run an upgraded aluminum and have hauled from FL to VA to Cleveland and Long Island NY without problems (except for one trailer that was T-boned and totaled!) Good Luck, no matter what you choose, someone on the board is going to give you chit for it!!!

t500hps 05-05-2005 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
As far as repalcement trailers I would go with an Extreme or Pacific if you want stell or Myco or Allison if you want alluminum. The Pacific trailers are pretty cool. they are a sealed unit and they have a pressure guage and an air chuck on them so you can keep 5-10PSI of air pressure on them and as long as there pressure, water cant get in.

Never heard of that, but it makes sense....but wouldn't it help/cause the trailer to float?

Rippem 05-05-2005 09:47 PM

GIVE ME YOUR CHECKBOOK...I'LL BUY YOU A GOLD PLATED ONE!

:evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

Sean H 05-05-2005 10:17 PM

get a platinum myco..... that gold ones are only for fountains... :D

offshoredrillin 05-06-2005 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Sean H
get a platinum myco..... that gold ones are only for fountains... :D

And the bow stop is hairy...:evilb:

excursion 05-06-2005 06:34 AM

For the money and our area and where you could be putting in is salt water and you dont want it too happen again. I would look towards any of the aluminum I beam trailers. Locally there is S&S marine in Norfolk that has a large selection of trailers.