Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Paint Ideas Contest (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/102579-paint-ideas-contest.html)

DollaBill 05-06-2005 12:33 PM

Paint Ideas Contest

1 Attachment(s)
I am building a 42 Fountain Poker Run this summer to run this fall and into the spring '06 season. Obviously, it will be a "promotional boat".

Here is the challenge:

I need ideas for the sickest paint job you can think of. It can be anything from old school solid colors to something that challenges the Speed Racer graphics.

Here is the reward:

Bring a friend and come enjoy the poker run of your choice in the new boat (as a passenger - insurance you know). Just get yourself to the run and all other expenses are paid for.

Let's hear some ideas.....!

Lofty 05-06-2005 12:36 PM

Re: Paint Ideas Contest

I like the sound of this!!!! Hmmm, since I've been eyeballing that boat......

Sean H 05-06-2005 12:37 PM

do you want a "theme" boat or just sick paint job....?

DollaBill 05-06-2005 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
do you want a "theme" boat or just sick paint job....?

We are thinking theme because it we want as much publicity as possible (of course). I think a non-theme boat will sell better when the times comes, but who knows. I think it will be a matter of just seeing and going "hell yeah".

fund razor 05-06-2005 01:20 PM

Hey Bill,

I will be happy to help you out by coming down for one of those poker runs.
I attract plenty of attention. :D

And I have a Fountain windshirt. :drink:

DollaBill 05-06-2005 01:25 PM

Absolutely Fund. We'll get our schedules straight and plan a run. Are you going to bring a guest? I can cancel the Playmates if so.

masher44 05-06-2005 01:31 PM

I Always wanted to do multi color fade on the ENTIRE hull including windshield frame etc.... Like a pearl while front fading through a bunch of different colers all the way to the back... nothing crazy but maybe a pearl white up front fading into a gray, then gray into blue, then a darker blue and eventually to an almost blue/black on the back...

DollaBill 05-06-2005 01:37 PM

One idea that surfaced was the Sponge Bob Racing Team.

OldSchool 05-06-2005 01:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How about this custom paint scheme!! :drink: :evilb: :drink: :evilb:

OldSchool 05-06-2005 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by masher44
I Always wanted to do multi color fade on the ENTIRE hull including windshield frame etc.... Like a pearl while front fading through a bunch of different colers all the way to the back... nothing crazy but maybe a pearl white up front fading into a gray, then gray into blue, then a darker blue and eventually to an almost blue/black on the back...

Do you mean like a rainbow??? :evilb: :p :evilb: