Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   is it me or is there something wrong with this (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/102708-me-there-something-wrong.html)

Outdrive1 05-08-2005 11:41 PM

Re: is it me or is there something wrong with this

It looks like you couldn't trim those drives any higher than they are. what's up with that?

Waterfoul 05-09-2005 12:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah, doesn't look like there's much room to trim, does it?

Iggy 05-09-2005 05:07 AM

As silly as it looks, Rick G is correct.
And besides, even if they were turned forward I doubt they's pick up any ram effect. The windshield would throw most of the airflow over the scoops anyway. And the low pressure area at the stern is not enough to hurt performance. If it was going 150+ then it may make a difference.
Even the cowl induction on the '69 Z28's really didn't work untill 120+. Sure it pulled in cool air at all speeds but to generate the ram effect took a much greater speed.

Iggy 05-09-2005 05:10 AM

Ever see the air intake on an unlimited hydro? At the rear of the intake is another opening. That's there so any spray that does enter the front will hopefully keep going out the back and not into the engine.

dreamer 05-09-2005 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by ExcaliburHawk40
The newer fountains have the huge inlets on the side of the boat. I would imagine that taking air in the side running it through the bilge and out the back of the scoop moves a lot of air through the engine compartment.

ding ding ding we have a winner

Outdrive1 05-09-2005 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by ExcaliburHawk40
The newer fountains have the huge inlets on the side of the boat. I would imagine that taking air in the side running it through the bilge and out the back of the scoop moves a lot of air through the engine compartment.

Also i have seen a few boats that build a sort of vacum at the stern of the boat at speed.

Here is another one of those dumb (130mph) Fountains.

Did anyone else see Fountaindealer.com in the new Hot Boat?
649,000 as tested?????
250,000 for motors and drives, apparently for that price you still have to buy headers and pipes for another $16,021??? For 250k I would expect my motors have exhaust on them. Can headers and tailpipes actually cost 16 grand?
How about $20,027 for a rear stand up bolster? Could it actually cost 20k more than a regualr back seat? Does it give you a massage when you get on plane? For 20k it should do more than just massage my back!!!!
How about $2445 for a mirrored hatch? Thats some expensive plexiglass. $5340 for an intercom system. 8k to spray it yellow instead of white? That probably cost Reggie the exact same amount of money to use yellow gel coat instead of white, what a joke..... For 8k you get your name painted on the back in block letters..........
I know its a nice boat but 649k? Minght as well buy a new Cigarette or Outerlimits..............

TxHawk 05-09-2005 10:24 AM

What is my prize? I may have cheated since i have the inside SCOOP. Pun intended.

TxHawk 05-09-2005 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
Did anyone else see Fountaindealer.com in the new Hot Boat?
649,000 as tested?????
250,000 for motors and drives, apparently for that price you still have to buy headers and pipes for another $16,021??? For 250k I would expect my motors have exhaust on them. Can headers and tailpipes actually cost 16 grand?
How about $20,027 for a rear stand up bolster? Could it actually cost 20k more than a regualr back seat? Does it give you a massage when you get on plane? For 20k it should do more than just massage my back!!!!
How about $2445 for a mirrored hatch? Thats some expensive plexiglass. $5340 for an intercom system. 8k to spray it yellow instead of white? That probably cost Reggie the exact same amount of money to use yellow gel coat instead of white, what a joke..... For 8k you get your name painted on the back in block letters..........
I know its a nice boat but 649k? Minght as well buy a new Cigarette or Outerlimits..............

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=102687

May find some better info on the boat here.