If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby Platinum Member Need-the-Speed's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1997 Fountain 24 CS, 2002 31 Fiesta Vee, 2005 Xtreme Cooler ATC
    Watkins Glen, New York

Re: New York Boating

The name of the Village located on the South end of Seneca Lake is called Watkins Glen. For a rough milage meter type in this address:
    400 N. Franklin St.
    Watkins Glen, NY 14891

The Poker run Headquarters (Showboat Motel, Plum Point Rd. Himrod, NY) are roughly 20 miles from this point. I just don't know the zip off the top of my head. If your serious about checking this run out just let me know and I will get youb the zip.
    See you there!

Annapolis/1000 Islands

The Thousand Islands would be my choice. Been to the other places and this seems to be the best. Alex Bay offers a lot to do- tours to Boldt Castle, and others like the one on Dark Island. Uncle Sam, Empire tours and others offer boat tours departing from either the Bay or Clayton. Most coincide with a tour of Boldt.

Clayton is only 11 miles down Rt. 12 and has my favorite attraction...The Antique Boat Museum...In Clayton it is the largest freshwater boating museum in the world. Their collection are facilities are simply the best I have ever seen at a boating museum. They offer rides on a HackerCraft and St. Lawrence skiffs. If you can make it, try to get to the Annual boat show August 5-6-7.

I have much more info if needed...let me know. Brad.

My Boats:
    1986 Century Coronado-Cardell

Thanks to all for responding;

I will be headed back to TX June 20 after the world famous NYC Poker Run. This will be my third year and I consider it the World Series of poker runs. For all of you who live up there and have never been to it, it is quite a spectacle.
    Hosted by the World Famous Billy Frenz. Billy is the "East Coast Promotion Man" after the famous Rolling Stones hit, West Coast Promo Man.

I will definitely do the suggested trips to Finger lakes and the Clayton boat museum. I like to see it all. It is really interesting to see how the country changes in different parts. Geography, people, weather.

Thanks a bunch.

My Boats:
    Faster boat than RINKER BOY's
    Seneca Lake

when you get to the Finger Lakes, give one of us a call - (you can get our phone numbers off our website -- the link i attached above - go to contacts and get phone numbers -- call President (Need -the- speed) or me, the VP)

hope to see you up here
    Last edited by VP; 05-14-2005 at 08:17 AM.

My Boats:
    '84 fountain 10meter
    rochester, ny

Canandaguia Lake is also a nice spot. There is a ferry that tours the lake and showcases some of the unreal lake homes. Canandaguia Inn on The Lake is a nice place for a meal with great scenery. This is also a hub of the "Wine" country. There are several winery tours that are worthwhile. If you are interested, let me know- My father-in-law run one of the wineries.
    There is also a ferry that runs from Rochester (40 min. North of Canandaguia) to Toronto at 35 bucks a pop.
    If you are looking for boating history the guys above are right, there is no place better than the Thousand Islands. Alexandra Bay is a good jump off point. In that area there are many festivals over the summer months.
    If you do come to the area consider calling me as well, if you'd like.

Good luck,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12