Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Power boat magazine Boat of the year (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/102734-power-boat-magazine-boat-year.html)

BLee 05-09-2005 09:25 AM

Re: Power boat magazine Boat of the year

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
Once again they pick a one off boat that nearly no one in America can afford. One reason I no longer subscribe to PB magazine. Don't get me wrong, it's a VERY nice boat and I'm sure it will sell, but come on...

Foul,
It's not a one off boat. It's a full production model. That one has been sold since the day it was tested. They have also sold others. No, not everyone can afford it, but some can.

Congratulations Phil and Richie for building the best Cigarettes around. :cool:

SLINGSHOT 05-09-2005 09:27 AM

its perspective.......i can afford a cigarette but cant afford an enzo....doesnt mean i dont like them....

OldSchool 05-09-2005 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
Once again they pick a one off boat that nearly no one in America can afford. One reason I no longer subscribe to PB magazine. Don't get me wrong, it's a VERY nice boat and I'm sure it will sell, but come on...

:rolleyes:

Maybe next year they will pick a Bayliner

Awesome boat, I wish that I could afford it!!

CigDaze 05-09-2005 09:45 AM

Awesome boat, good choice. :cool:

GLH 05-09-2005 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by craig223
...Maybe next year they will pick a Bayliner ...

Now that would be a nitwit move....

Awesome ride Congrats to Phil for putting that ride together.

FREEDOM US1 05-09-2005 10:17 AM

Nice machine!

Waterfoul 05-09-2005 10:29 AM

I still think that any "of the year" vehicle, be it a boat, car, motorcycle, or what have you, should be something that an "average" person could afford. Personal view I guess.

And I've not seen the Enzo picked at the Car of the Year by any of the major car magazines.....

Stormrider 05-09-2005 10:40 AM

Nice boat... even better engines.
But PB mag seems to write up the same manufacturers, so its not much of a surprise. I don't see them writing about the new big sutphens?(for example).

Jamie B. 05-09-2005 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by ONESICKGLADIATOR
Congratulations to Lip -Ship performance (Phil) & Zul's Racing Engines (Richie)

Cigarette new 39 Lip Ship Edition with a set of 700 hp Zul's racing Engines. Power boat of the year.

Way to go Congrat

Rick OSG

Now thats some serious hard candy. Love it. :cool: :cool:

KiloKat 05-09-2005 02:40 PM

Every time that I am at TNT's new marina, I take time to look at Phil's boats. They are really nice units.