Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   This insurance and fuel is outa control!!!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/102815-insurance-fuel-outa-control.html)

Formula Outlaw 05-11-2005 09:08 PM

Re: This insurance and fuel is outa control!!!!!!!!!

Frank, I'm really sorry to hear of your, and others, problems with the insurance industry. That's why I have a 15 year old boat with average power. It's the only way I can afford to even be on the fringe of performance boating. There's no way in hell I could take a 6K insurance bill. Between my Homeowner, Flood, and Wind insurance, I'm taking a 6K per year hit, and that don't include my 3K property taxes, and I can't even drink the friggin' water here at home, hell I can't even wash my truck with it.

Doesn't do anyone any good to have a boat and not to be able to enjoy it because of the insurance/fuel costs. One possible answer might be to downsize somehow to something that is still fun to drive but not cost an arm and leg. Whatever happens I hope you don't get out of boating. You and Jana are truly two of the good "guys". Russ

Steve_H 05-11-2005 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by GLH
What your saying is that there is a Fountain out there worth that much?

Give it a year it will fall in line... :D:D:D

nice :rolleyes:

Donzi Corleone 05-11-2005 09:44 PM

Im thinkin about the down size, but Im going to be so upside down its gonna take a very creative salesman to work those numbers.

Dave98 05-11-2005 09:48 PM

Safeco,after collecting premiums all winter, has decided to cancel my boat insurance according to the letter "due to speed". I jusy bought the boat in late September, they thought about it for 7 months and then decided, just-in-time for boating season, to cancel.

Maybe it took that long to review the policy...........

Thanks Safeco. I appreciate it.

cuda 05-11-2005 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dave98
Safeco,after collecting premiums all winter, has decided to cancel my boat insurance according to the letter "due to speed". I jusy bought the boat in late September, they thought about it for 7 months and then decided, just-in-time for boating season, to cancel.

Maybe it took that long to review the policy...........

Thanks Safeco. I appreciate it.

I'd call the state insurance commisioner over that chit! :mad:

cuda 05-11-2005 11:43 PM

Frank, is it possible to take out a Heloc, pay off the boat and just carry liability?

FOUNTAINATLAST 05-11-2005 11:50 PM

[/QUOTE]I can live with 933/yr on a new 42 Fountain. Went up 300. from the 1993 35. Allstate[QUOTE]

Thats exactly what I pay (933) for a 2001 27' Fountain. You got a pretty sweet deal with twice the boat if your policy is correct!!!

Donzi Corleone 05-12-2005 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by cuda
Frank, is it possible to take out a Heloc, pay off the boat and just carry liability?

Naaa...I just bought a new place. I don't want to tie up everything I have for the boat. Im gonna see if I can get a 6 month layup Nov 1 thru May1..Then see what happens next year..