If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SE, Michigan

Re: License Plate Thief !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse
    At $200 for a trailer plate I'm not surprise they are being ripped off. Now the wart-faced cow in Lansing is considering a renewal fee for those "permanent" plates we all had to buy. Remember, she said they were permanent, but didn't say they were only going to be paid for just once.

That's why I'm wondering what it costs to replace, the regular fee for the permanent plate or just a replacement fee of $10.

Fortunately for me when I bought my boat the trailer registration didn't have the weight listed so I had to estimate it somewhere under 2500 lbs.

Official OSO boat whore Charter Member
    My Boats:
    8' row boat
    Mequon, WI

When the renewal sticker was stolen off our plate we approached the DMV about replacing them. They told us that we had to pay the full renewal amount. Screw that! We got stopped a couple of months later for expired tags the cops tried to argue with us that there is no fee for a stolen sticker. They got a call and left before giving us a ticket. We went back to the DMV and now there was no charge for a replacement sticker.

My Boats:
    1995 Formula PC 34
    Sterling Heights, MI

Quote Originally Posted by ofshore
    wantsa311, out of curiosity did you get a new plate yet or check into it? I'm just wondering if they charge you $10 for a replacement or the $75/$200 for a new one?
    I haven't checked into it yet. I called the sheriff to report it stolen so I'm clear in case the low-life who stole it gets a ticket. I want to move the boat this weekend so I'll have to pick up a plate on Friday. I'll let you know what it costs.

My Boats:
    47 Fountain
    Chicago, IL

sometimes trailer plates come loose and fall off during launch and retrieval.
    check your launch ramp

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123