Notices

My Tickfaw 200 trip

Old 05-10-2005, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Re: My Tickfaw 200 trip

Originally Posted by KaamaScarab30
I guess that's why I feel ok about mine -- we were at 7000 rpms and had been most of the day. I lost my digital in New Orleans that night (actually the next morning about 7:00am) or else I would have pics of the "permagrin". We will try again for the Royal Purple Run. I promise not to break if you promise.

I may call you about the parts. Thanks again.
ahhhh , hey skippy , i called your cell phone at 7:45 saturday morning and some drunk a$$ black dude answered saying you was still drinking at the bar with ya throttle man. all he kept saying was , maahnn , say brah , i seen that ***** bout ahh , been like , chit i don't know where he be brah ,i'm drunk and i don't know where he at

trudy was listening to him and she was saying
" maybe cameron got jacked"
Old 05-10-2005, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by open72
ahhhh , hey skippy , i called your cell phone at 7:45 saturday morning and some drunk a$$ black dude answered saying you was still drinking at the bar with ya throttle man. all he kept saying was , maahnn , say brah , i seen that ***** bout ahh , been like , chit i don't know where he be brah ,i'm drunk and i don't know where he at

trudy was listening to him and she was saying
" maybe cameron got jacked"
Is that story true?!? That is f-ing hilarious if it is. And Steve (throttleman) lied, because he told me I still had it when he left the bar.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Registered

dude , trudy was sitting right here when i called ya. no chit !!i even dialed the number again to make sure i dialed right. he knew ya name
Old 05-10-2005, 11:18 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I guess I am due next on the breakage list .

Damage report

Our Buddy's from Jackson. One in a 26 AO got tail ended buy another boat racing in the turns.

One scarab had a bad starter and the other scarab was a fuel pump..Sounds like a lot of people had some bad luck .I know I hurt my liver for 3 days straight

Next trip Memorial Day on the coast and then Royal Purple then coast again for the 4th of July

Now Eric I remember you telling me the first day you got the boat your were jumping waves

I too am looking for a spare drive

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
I guess I am due next on the breakage list .
I too am looking for a spare drive

Rob
ahhh ,spares paint those prop shafts red/white ,then we can call ya the barber shop
Old 05-11-2005, 04:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by racer-x6
Could be any of the above, I just bought the boat and changed the oil.
No power starts
No flying
and it only had 67 true hours. No prop damage, just part of the sport.
You do not know how it was used before you bought it.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Registered

Is that story true?!? That is f-ing hilarious if it is. And Steve (throttleman) lied, because he told me I still had it when he left the bar.

you did get jacked!!! i was on the phone with him for at least 8-10 minutes too!

ain't the french quarter great
Old 05-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Racer-X6

Sorry about the bad luck. That drive looks EXACTLY like mine from a year ago.

It was a top cap failure.

But some Billet top caps on and you will have better luck.

Doc
Old 05-11-2005, 11:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I grenaded a drive while looking for somewhere for my friend Matt Smith (in David Woods's boat, Royal Flush) find a ramp to get his boat out while on the way to the 3:30 Chicken Drop place. I should not have been trying to keep up with Matt (Royal Flush is a 42 Lightning with big power and wet sump #6's) doing 75-80 on that 2-foot chop (I have a 35 Lightning with stock 500HP's and Bravos). This was my first Poker Run with this boat and now I'm looking at 2K for the starboard drive and hoping it will be running by Memorial Day.

It was fun till she broke, though!

Memphis
Attached Thumbnails My Tickfaw 200 trip-dsc08362.jpg   My Tickfaw 200 trip-dsc08363.jpg   My Tickfaw 200 trip-dsc08364.jpg  

Old 05-12-2005, 01:47 AM
Registered

Hey Man! I bet that is a work of art compared to mine!
Guys... Y'all aren't going to believe this sh!t. All I broke was seals and one bearing. The bearing is what seized up... seal let the water in to cause it. Everything else is fine. We almost checked that the Wednesday before, too. New boat -- too much to check and trying to get it to the run too soon. Oh well, how many other people that broke would have spent more on the gas for the run than the repair? I am pretty happy. See you guys for Royal Purple, if not sooner.

P.S. I love the fact that the guy that stole my phone said I was still at the bar drinking with my throttleman. Next time I see that wino, I'm taking him for a boat ride. I bet he comes back a white guy.

Quick Reply: My Tickfaw 200 trip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.