Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Borrowed Labed Props (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/103079-borrowed-labed-props.html)

t500hps 05-13-2005 07:02 AM

Re: Borrowed Labed Props

That pizzes me off. I really like the stuff I own, you better take care of it the same way I do!
I too am reluctant to loan stuff because of these types of people.

BillR 05-13-2005 07:17 AM

I loaned out a set of Hydromotives to a freind. He loaned them to HIS freind. Now they are lost. Worst thing is; I had a buyer for the props AND the buyer is from the OSO family.
Talk about not being happy. . . . . . :mad: :mad:

JCPERF 05-13-2005 07:38 AM

:p

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
:eek: I know the friend you are talking about, I agree he would help anyone, he gave me great advice as well!!..It's exactly reasons like you stated that lots of us don't go out of our way anymore...

Audiofn 05-13-2005 07:46 AM

Man that sucks when people do not take care of other peoples crap!!! I lent a guy an expensive water ski. The dope that he was skiing with dropped my slolom ski and then they could not find it later...... Couple years later and they still have not replaced it.... :mad: :mad: :mad: Well he did offer to buy a new ski that would be both of our ski not mine..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dykstra 05-13-2005 08:17 AM

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Strip Poker 388 05-13-2005 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
The "hub" area really came out nice, how did you do that??? Sandblast??

I Beadblasted the center.

Ya never know sometimes the worst they look the better it runs .He said they are pretty thin . They have been laded more than once . They may bang the limiter like a cheap date :eek: Band-Bang :drink: At least it will look better when I send them back to him :drink:

sutphen30 so far no problems . I have been up to 6000rpm one time maybe the new training wheels will help and I can stretch it out.

rob :drink:

Wally 05-13-2005 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by BillR
I loaned out a set of Hydromotives to a freind. He loaned them to HIS freind. Now they are lost. Worst thing is; I had a buyer for the props AND the buyer is from the OSO family.
Talk about not being happy. . . . . . :mad: :mad:

Seems to me that whom ever YOU gave the props to is responsible.....PERIOD! THEY owe you either an exact replacement set or money.....its not your problem to go and track down props that THEY felt they could loan out again!!!

After loosing a few tools to "friends" i now have a dry erase board in my garage next to the tool box. When any tool leaves my garage....even to the neighbor across the street i wrtie down the name and date and what tool it is.....no argueing when i have details about it! :D

Macklin 05-13-2005 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Wally
After loosing a few tools to "friends" i now have a dry erase board in my garage next to the tool box. When any tool leaves my garage....even to the neighbor across the street i wrtie down the name and date and what tool it is.....no argueing when i have details about it! :D

That's a damn good idea. I hate loaning stuff out cause I forget about it. Then when I go to look for it and it's not there I remember loaning it out, but can't always remember to who! :mad:

X-Rated30 05-13-2005 03:04 PM

I have a GOOD prop lending story. Back when I was looking for props for my old boat, a guy from Dallas that I didn't even know sent me some REALLY nice three blade 17x26 cleavers. When I took them out they wouldn't plane well, so I was putting the boat back on the trailer. Some A-HOLE in a wake board boat is trying to put his boat on the trailer and doesn't know how to drive and has no social skills. He goes on sideways and to straighten it out, he turns the wheel all the way and guns the throttle. While my props are spinning and pushing me up the trailer, this A-HOLE blows gravel up into them and f's them up pretty good. Then he pulls out and hauls azz. :mad:

I felt awful. I call the guy in Dallas and tell him, and he was TOTALLY cool about it. He wouldn't let me send them to get fixed and wouldn't let me pay for the repairs. He said he had a prop shop as a client and they would fix them. Really nice of him. :cool:

offshoredrillin 05-13-2005 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
:p

:D