Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   WoooooHoooooo I got a skater!!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/103088-wooooohoooooo-i-got-skater.html)

OU Want Some?!! 05-13-2005 10:53 AM

Re: WoooooHoooooo I got a skater!!!!!!!!

Schweeeeeet!! cat club!

T2x 05-13-2005 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Rottiguy
right now im hitting about 7800 rmps. Tx2 ill break out the tape when i get home and see where everythings at. Maybe you can make some recomendations on set up. The boats on Lake Lanier in Cumming GA. I hope If I get enough seat time Ill feel comfortable to run it in the Poker Run. Everytime I run It I love it more and more. Do any of yall boat on Lanier?

One critical point......... The 2.5's need fuel...... especially at peak RPM...... Check your tank pickup plumbing carefully. There have been a lot of blown engines due to various fuel rigs both inside and outside of the tanks...... (beware of catch tanks). Also look carefully for debris inside the tank as ethanol additives in high test fuel have been playing havoc in this area with built in style fuel tanks....like yours...and mine. Various sealants and tank coatings have been coming off the tank interiors and clogging the pickups..... This can be easily remedied in the short term with a little mesh sock device over the pickup opening....and repeated cleaning of the debris.

Avoid leaning out the motors at all cost. These engines are basically bulletproof...if you feed them properly...and check every nut and bolt after each high speed run.

T2x

T2x 05-13-2005 11:06 AM

P.S.,,,, High test fuel only...... mix with the 100-1 ratio Amzoil 2 cycle oil...at 50 -1.

T2x

T2x 05-13-2005 11:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We're running 300x's now.......

122 and counting

T2x

Rottiguy 05-13-2005 11:51 AM

ive been running Pennzoil 100% synthetic 40:1

Rottiguy 05-13-2005 11:51 AM

oh yeah and only 93

dkwestern 05-13-2005 12:10 PM

Congrats, great ride!!!!

dave911 05-13-2005 12:29 PM

Suweet!
Drive fast and take chances!
Just kidding!
A safe summer to ya.

Shane 05-13-2005 12:36 PM

I agree with EVERYTHING T2X said except, do not use the 100:1 oil, use the DOMINATOR OIL and as T2X said run it at 50:1 and you will have consistant bullet proof usage. I have got to get a 28! Best wishes and be safe! You have the boat that will surely give you the biggest bang for the buck! :cool:

Cash Bar 05-13-2005 01:32 PM

I knew I recognized that truck. At least the front tires and underside of the bumper. :eek:

Boat looks great, like the new paint, too. I hope I get to run with you when I come up for the Poker Run.

Greg