If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: NOS in a boat

My Boats:
    1990 42' cigarette revolution tri 850, 1984 18' checkmate 235 evinrude
    louisville, kentucky

NOS in a boat

does anyone have any experience wiht a NOS system in a boat. i seems like alot of bang for the buck and am considerin it for a 509 bored to 555 with about 640 horse and 670 torque. i am lookin at around a 250 hp system, anything to look for? wut about safety?

Re: NOS in a boat

It's not popular in boats cuase you would have to run alot more prop to see the benefits of it, but you would never get out of the whole with it.

My Boats:
    boat less

keyword here is "bang"

My Boats:
    Velocity 390SS

Nitrous works great, if you don't go crazy. However, it's expensive and doesn't last long. I just like the novelty of it. I gain a solid 5 MPH (79-84 MPH) with an NOS Sniper kit set at 125 HP on a SBC with 500 HP.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Boats:
    Fixing yours
    LOTO Performance Boat Center

Plum crazy,

Nice boat, I know who you bought that boat from. What an excellent boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Platinum Member Platinum Member 4mulafastech's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2006 Formula 292 FasTech / 2007 Ranger Reata 190VS
    Washington, MO

I had a Talon 22' tunnel hull with twin Mercury High Performance outboards. They were carburated and rated at 245HP a piece. Went with a nitrous kit from Hydrodynamics. I sent them the manifolds and they plumbed them with the spray bars and I used a remote fuel cell for alcohol as the enrichment fuel with dedicated electric fuel pumps. Added 110HP per engine (710HP total).

Had the boat 8 years (the last four years with nitrous) and never had a nitrous related engine failure. Invest in pyrometers (exhaust gas temperature gauges) and keep an eye on fuel pressure. This boat was a BLAST. 40 to 80mph in less than 3 seconds on the bottle. Topped out at 110mph turning 28" clevers. I ran the smaller props for acceleration and handling.

Pre-daughter - the wife loved speed. Post-daughter - the mom said bye-bye Talon....

Dayton, Ohio

Had NOS on a 20' Checkmate with a SBC, loved it at the time, hit the button and away you went.....for about a minute and $60. The next boat I supercharged, best investment I ever made, that supercharger never ran out!