Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pantera Owners (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/103142-pantera-owners.html)

lukiepal 05-14-2005 07:56 PM

Re: Pantera Owners

$2300. per year 28 Pantera 650+ hp N.J., but I had a $60K claim 3 years ago when my 33 Avanti sank.

outdrive man 05-14-2005 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Johno
Wow, thats high.
I shopped my ins, went with NBOA out of Sarasota. Progressive was 1600 & Boat US guys were smoking crack at 5k. Thats a 29 with twin 250's....but a CC & I list it as a Fishboat :drink:

had a customer with progressive ins, the boat was a 32` sonic. he hit bottom (glass damage) the claim was denied because they said he was abusive to the boat and the damage was due to neglect. last i heard he was fighting it.

cuda 05-14-2005 09:53 PM

Frank, shoot Glenn (Dangerkitty) a message. I'm sure he can tell you what his 28 with 600+ hp cost in insurance.

hillbilly24 05-14-2005 10:46 PM

Progressive insurance SUCKS!!! I have dealt with them on both ends, as a customer, and as repair facility. The were my auto insurance carrier for about 3 weeks, thats when the notice came saying I had a premium increase due to a defective equipment ticket 2 years ago(burned out Tail light, fix it ticket, taken care of before required date) NO other insurance company cares about fix it tickets. Then they said my refund was $31.83 becuase the plan was prorated and I had used 90 percent of it, and there was a 10 percent early termaination fee assesed to the reamaning amount. On what prorate chart does 3 weeks out of 6 months equal 90 percent ? I'm still dealing with them on that one and this took place 8 months ago. I have dealt with several times regarding customers boats and they are a pain in the azz. They question every expense, they came back one and said they had found a lower unit housing online for 14 dollars less then our quote and wanted us to match the price. We sold everything for the Merc list price, NO exceptions. They always took forever to approve claims, ussualy 3-4 weeks wich is riduclous especially if it's in the middle of boating season. They also argued with us every time over our labor rate ($98 an hour, not uncommon in southern Califonia to to overhead) They never did pay us more then $85 an hour. We never took the agrevation out in the form of substandard work on a customers boat, but do you want a mechanic who is disgruntled becuase he isn't making his normal pay working on your boat ? I don't. Anyway I would stay far away from Proggresive. As far as other companys, if they won't insure the boat youa ctually have, as opposed to the lies you tell them to get them to cover it, then you don't want them to cover it. If you lie about speeds and other info they can and will deny any claim you make even if it has nothing to do with the incident you were involved in. What good is insurance if you can't make a claim?

Donzi Corleone 05-15-2005 08:31 AM

Im always up front with the agents, I guess that why Im having a hard time finding insurance. I tell it like it is because I dont want the finger pointing and the he said she said when a claim comes into the picture. I was told that all Hi-Perf will have engines dynoed if a claim is made. So if you have modifications or whipples you better let them know now or it will cost you dearly if you file a claim.

Formula Outlaw 05-15-2005 08:38 AM

Insurance: You're covered for everything except for what happens.............. :blaster:

Donzi Corleone 05-15-2005 05:18 PM

Amen...........brother