Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Floating Reporter-5/15/05-Daytona Poker Run Pics!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/103238-floating-reporter-5-15-05-daytona-poker-run-pics.html)

cuda 05-15-2005 09:23 PM

Re: Floating Reporter-5/15/05-Daytona Poker Run Pics!!!

1 Attachment(s)
I thought everyone was going to run the outside on the way up. I had planned on shooting over to the beach after everyone took off and get some running shots. I was bitter when I saw everyone run the inside. :(

What did they do about the speed zone on the inside? Did they get a permit to exceed it? We rode from Ormond up to Palm Bay a couple weeks ago, and it was all 30 mph zone.

GLH 05-15-2005 09:41 PM

Thanks for the pics Bobby as usual...

A few observation:

-Steve my bet is your done growing, Bobby will pass you in a few months and it's history from there!

-Leaving the cash with Jr.2 might be a problem after seeing the pics of him on his Sunday afternoon outings.

-Mommy looks great condsidering she has to keep that montley crew in line!!!

Hope all's well!!!

:D:D:D

stecz20 05-15-2005 09:44 PM

pics are great bobby. loos like yo had a good time as usual. stecz

lucky strike 05-15-2005 09:45 PM

There are 30 mph. zones there.

We all went below 30 mph :(

L.S.

dhlaw 05-15-2005 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by cuda
I thought everyone was going to run the outside on the way up. I had planned on shooting over to the beach after everyone took off and get some running shots. I was bitter when I saw everyone run the inside. :(

What did they do about the speed zone on the inside? Did they get a permit to exceed it? We rode from Ormond up to Palm Bay a couple weeks ago, and it was all 30 mph zone.

We ran on the inside on the way up with every intention of running the outside on the way back down. We have been fighting a temperature issue for a week and from the Port Orange bridge to the Silver Beach bridge we started seeing 185 degree temps so Bruce pulled the thermostats out at Jacks while we waited. It was clear that they were stuck and the cause of the problem. As soon as we left Jack the temps were down and stayed down but the water pressure was a little low. Needless to say we have a few things to get right this week.
The run up was fun but by the time we got to the narrow stretch near John Anderson Drive in Ormond it was balls to wall!!!! I gave a few docks some flybys at very close range while passing boats. The speed limits are not even close! We ran pretty conservative on the way up.
When we got to the docks the boys that ran the outside were just arriving and they looked beat. First in was Tommy A in the Maximus and a 47 GTX. They said it was 5-6 with huge holes in a qurtering sea. Tommy said he ran 100mph the whole way!!! The Nortechs didnt fare too well..... a few broke and limped home. I figured that Bruce and I would have a Bravo vs. #6 battle on the way home but nobody wanted to run back on the outside... probably a good thing for me!
Tommy asked if I would show him the way back in the river so that we could leave early. When we left everybody heard us fire up and pretty soon they all followed..... We had the whole run following us! I kept it sane for a few miles but got passed by the small Velocity that was running balls to the wall. It was on at this point!!! Tommy passed us at about 110mph so BK hammered down. When we got to the first no wake zone the Velocity just blew through and I wasnt going to stop and listen to a bunch of *****ing people or get a ticket...... needless to say it was a straight run back to Daytona!! I run this river alot and I figure they will tag me in the coming weeks. By the time we got back into Ormond it was a wide open run to the bridge...... WFO!!! Poor people that live on the river must have been traumatized!
I had a good time although it got stuffy in the canopy. I hung out with the Lucky clan, chilled with OSG, Philly, Tommy, and the boys and generally had a good day.

lucky strike 05-15-2005 10:12 PM

Like I said !!

No one went over the SPEED LIMIT !!!!!!!!

L.S.

cuda 05-15-2005 10:12 PM

Brett, was that Philly in the Vice?

dhlaw 05-15-2005 10:14 PM

Bobby,
e-mail me any pics you have of the boat running or moored.

Thanks,
Brett

[email protected]

dhlaw 05-15-2005 10:15 PM

Yeah, he said the boat was sold!!! Nice guy to talk to... he ran the boat well on the way up.

lucky strike 05-15-2005 10:16 PM

cuda

That was Philly

L.S.