Notices

Insurance Question

Old 05-17-2005, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Insurance Question

Originally Posted by craig223
What did they say about a Bullet??? Give me a call Buck
LOL....Don't think for a second I haven't thought about it Craig. It's been on my mind since the day you posted you were looking at a TG.

Buck
Old 05-17-2005, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
and what is your boat insurance right now?
cheapest on OSO
Old 05-17-2005, 06:11 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buck183
Sean, your right....I don't think that will be a popular statement. I consider myself a performance boater and will never own anything of that caliber.

Buck

performance boater/performance boat and a "high performance boat" are two different things to me, and i don't think that is a knock at anybody... every year the performance of boats goes up, and the classifaction of those boats has to rise accordingly... you can't group a 46 skater with 1350's and a 29 fountain with a 500 into the same category can you?
that is all i was getting at.....

maybe we need a "super high performance" category for the new cigs, OL's, nor-techs, skaters and others like that out there... because those are the boats i think of when somebody says performance today...
Old 05-17-2005, 07:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

LOL....Don't think for a second I haven't thought about it Craig. It's been on my mind since the day you posted you were looking at a TG.

Buck
Confuscious say...Special deal for you!! You must call for special price...and the insurance isn't that bad because it's less than 1000 HP.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
performance boater/performance boat and a "high performance boat" are two different things to me, and i don't think that is a knock at anybody... every year the performance of boats goes up, and the classifaction of those boats has to rise accordingly... you can't group a 46 skater with 1350's and a 29 fountain with a 500 into the same category can you?
that is all i was getting at.....

maybe we need a "super high performance" category for the new cigs, OL's, nor-techs, skaters and others like that out there... because those are the boats i think of when somebody says performance today...
You make some very good pionts in that statement Sean. Nothing I can argue with that's for sure. Those above mentioned boats are in a whole league of their own. The insurance issues with them are something I won't have the fortune of worrying about in this lifetime.

Here's my point from this whole discussion. Let's take a look at Griff's Pantera w/ a 525 sc or Cattitude's with a 575 sc. These would easily be considered High Performance boats by everyone on here. For some reason there are those on here that can't even get their local agent to touch something like this. Some people are being dropped for boats like these. This astounds me. Why is it I can go down to my local agent and get VERY reasonably priced insurance on a boat like this but the next guy can't even get quoted on one?

I could easily name 50 other boats that would fall into this catagory.

Buck
Old 05-17-2005, 07:59 PM
Registered

Why cant the insurance companies just put everything that floats in there pool. Thus Hi-perf would carry maybe a 1500 mark up right outa the chute and it seems the pool would be stronger and bigger($$$$) for lower rates.Why do they put us in a class all of our own? Now I agree with Sean H some classes should be Ultra_Hi-perf...this would be your exotics or anything running over 125 mph. Just my 02 cents worth
Old 05-17-2005, 08:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
State Farm has my boat, as did with the last owner as well. I sent full specs and pictures of my boat to the regional office and had the cheif adjuster OK it personally.

Its all in your agent. My State Farm Lady is like a second Mom to me, and they take good care of me.
I am a insurance adjuster for certain underwriters of Lloyds and I tell people all the time, your mom can be your agent and it does not matter. It is all in the policy.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:27 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

You make some very good pionts in that statement Sean. Nothing I can argue with that's for sure. Those above mentioned boats are in a whole league of their own. The insurance issues with them are something I won't have the fortune of worrying about in this lifetime.

Here's my point from this whole discussion. Let's take a look at Griff's Pantera w/ a 525 sc or Cattitude's with a 575 sc. These would easily be considered High Performance boats by everyone on here. For some reason there are those on here that can't even get their local agent to touch something like this. Some people are being dropped for boats like these. This astounds me. Why is it I can go down to my local agent and get VERY reasonably priced insurance on a boat like this but the next guy can't even get quoted on one?

I could easily name 50 other boats that would fall into this catagory.

Buck
i think we agree, just in different ways... i agree, single engine 20 something boats should be easliy insurable by qualified owners... but i think both of those boats fit in your less than 1000 HP and less than 100k, so most insurers should be able to do those boats.... but it is still their risk to take, some might be just chosing not too... i have had a few cars that state farm didn't want to insure, but after some number juggling we worked it out.... it was all about risk versus reward for them...
Old 05-17-2005, 08:54 PM
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Insurance Question

Originally Posted by P Offshore
See if he can write a 2002 Cigarette Gladiator with twin 750hp and a top speed of 107mph. Replacement value ?
Maybe $175k?
What truck are you using to get that speed?
Old 05-17-2005, 09:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm so frustrated with high premiums, I'm seriously considering liability coverage only.

An older straight bottom Top Gun with approx. 1900hp, valued low at $110,000 and half million liability is still costing $4,800 year.

I agree with Speed 2Lead, Blackadar was the best for years at around $2,600/year.

When is the relief on the way? It doesn't run 120mph.........

Quick Reply: Insurance Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.