Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat lift question in regards to a 29' fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/103410-boat-lift-question-regards-29-fountain.html)

bmanafort 05-17-2005 12:13 PM

Boat lift question in regards to a 29' fountain

I own a 2002 29' fountain with twins. I keep it in water at a slip and considering an in water lift. Has anybody heard of one that works better than another. I have read that a lot of lifts need 14' width and that is to wide for my slip.

lakepop 05-17-2005 12:24 PM

Re: Boat lift question in regards to a 29' fountain

Polly lift lake ozark the best 573-374-6545 Hydro Systems 800-535-5369

Sean H 05-17-2005 01:00 PM

poly lift and galva lift are both popular brands here at LOTO, they come in all setups widths, most are 10 or 12, but they will put it together whatever size you need...

masher44 05-17-2005 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by bmanafort
I own a 2002 29' fountain with twins. I keep it in water at a slip and considering an in water lift. Has anybody heard of one that works better than another. I have read that a lot of lifts need 14' width and that is to wide for my slip.

I used an 8000lb Hydro Hoist for 3 seasons with my 29. If you have power at the slip, it is the way to go. You might even be able to get away with a 6,000lb.

Sean H 05-17-2005 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by masher44
I used an 8000lb Hydro Hoist for 3 seasons with my 29. If you have power at the slip, it is the way to go. You might even be able to get away with a 6,000lb.

just tell them you have a 24' boat and they will hook ya up.. :cool:

masher44 05-17-2005 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
just tell them you have a 24' boat and they will hook ya up.. :cool:

NOW I can laugh at all the beak jokes.... :D

US1 Fountain 05-17-2005 04:32 PM

10k # Galva lift, 12' slip width, 32' Fever

US1 Fountain 05-17-2005 07:02 PM

exactly what FeverMike said.

FOUNTAINATLAST 05-18-2005 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Just make sure the bunks on the lift fit for the step in your 29 Fountain.

1- Make sure the bunk goes past the transom to support it.
2- Make sure you do not use a solid long bunk otherwise the hull will be supported only at the edge of the step and the edge of the transom..NOT GOOD!

I have a 2003 Pier 57 aluminium trailer for my 27 fever with a stepped hull, all it has is a solid long bunk, yes it does sit on the edge of the step but sits flat again a good 5' from the edge of the transom edge & a good 7' before the step in the front (bunk ends about 1" past the transom). I,ve thought about this before if this is the right way to set up the trailer or boat lift. My conclusions were first Pier 57 is involved with Fountain so if there was a concern I would think they would address it, second loading the boat on and getting it aligned would be a real pain and possibly cause more damage if misaligned during sitting/trailering if not caught. Just my 2 cents.

Sean H 05-18-2005 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINATLAST
I have a 2003 Pier 57 aluminium trailer for my 27 fever with a stepped hull, all it has is a solid long bunk, yes it does sit on the edge of the step but sits flat again a good 5' from the edge of the transom edge & a good 7' before the step in the front (bunk ends about 1" past the transom). I,ve thought about this before if this is the right way to set up the trailer or boat lift. My conclusions were first Pier 57 is involved with Fountain so if there was a concern I would think they would address it, second loading the boat on and getting it aligned would be a real pain and possibly cause more damage if misaligned during sitting/trailering if not caught. Just my 2 cents.

i would get it off that step edge if it was me.... either add "shims" to fill the step void or go to a mulit piece bunk system... point loads aren't good for hulls.... just my .02