Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Kaama whats the word? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/103599-kaama-whats-word.html)

Waterfoul 05-27-2005 10:37 AM

Re: Kaama whats the word?

Originally Posted by Crazyhorse
Let's see,,,,,,,half empty,,,,,,,,,,,,half full,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh, nuts. I'll just drink right out of the faucet. That way I don't have to wash the glass.

Or just crawl your way over to Pete's bowl. :D

He might not like that though.....grrrrrrrrrr

Crazyhorse 05-27-2005 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
Or just crawl your way over to Pete's bowl. :D

He might not like that though.....grrrrrrrrrr

Hey, I share my Cheezits with him. I think it's only fair that he share the water/gin/vodka/Night-Train-Express bowl with me,,,,,,,,,

KAAMA 05-27-2005 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Swede
If anyone cares heres my numbers off the dyno earlier this week. 548CI, Merlin X intake, 1050 dominator, AFR 315 CNC heads.

677 HP at 5700rpm on what I believe is a pretty legit dyno.

Hey Swede---congrats on the numbers! I agree with Doc Holliday---pretty respectible for small heads with the cubes you're running. I'll bet your torque numbers are pretty impressive as well.

Roger, show them how nice yellow can look on an engine----go ahead and post a picture of your engines here---I think they look pretty hot! Hey, last year I was in South Haven for the 4th of July and it was awesome---wished I had my hog in the water and I was thinking of possibly hanging out around St. Joe/South Haven for the 4th of July again this year only WITH my puddle jumper. I am hoping Doug's Cover Girl will be back in the water by then.

fred 05-27-2005 01:03 PM

So Kaama....what is the official date to put that "Hog" in the water going to be?....Fred

BGIII 05-27-2005 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by fred
So Kaama....what is the official date to put that "Hog" in the water going to be?....Fred

I think he's shooting for late November! :D

fred 05-27-2005 01:25 PM

Ouch!!

KAAMA 05-27-2005 01:47 PM

Fred, I am going to attempt to have the engines installed next week, so who knows I just might be running by next weekend---man, somebody pinch me!!!

fred 05-27-2005 02:37 PM

Next weekend would be cool....I'm planning on hitting the water next weekend for the first time this season as well...hope to see ya...good luck with it.....Fred

PatriYacht 05-27-2005 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Fred, I am going to attempt to have the engines installed next week, so who knows I just might be running by next weekend---man, somebody pinch me!!!

Congrats Mark. It'll be good to be back on the water. Mine should be floating by then also. Too bad I won't be able to keep up with yours. P.M. me the numbers, I won't tell anyone, honest. :rolleyes: :D

KAAMA 05-27-2005 08:47 PM

Ian/Patriot, looks like several of us will be in the water here pretty quick. I am quite sure it will be the other way around---your boat will certainly handle much rougher seas than mine.

Dyno, Looks like you're up to bat. I stopped in at WESCO's shop today, and saw your blocks all machined, and in plastic bags with your cranks, pistons, etc sitting there ready for the engine stands. I am sure he will start assembling them ASAP. I will probably have mine out of there by Tuesday or Wedensday of next week, put the headers on and plug them into the boat.

Hey Vette/Craig---thanks for your optimism, but we dyno tested my engines with my raw sea water pumps, and alternators, and didn't quite make it to 900hp---I know you were kidding anyway, but I must say they DO have a smooth sweet ilde for a 565cid ---about 750rpm or so in neutral. I have the MSD crank trigger system, going through the Crane Hi-6M ignition boxes. Where ever you set the timing, that is where they stay! The timing never moves like the pick-up will have the tendancy to do a bit in a distributor, so I think it may aid a bit in idle quality.