Notices

diesel performance

Old 05-22-2005, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diesel performance

I just bought a 2001 dodge 5.9 diesel. I read so many different opinions on the web about different performance chips for it. Does anyone have one with a chip? And if so which one? I would like to get a bit more power out of it. I'm pulling about 10k with it.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:20 AM
Registered

Default Re: diesel performance

32,You can look up TST performance on the web, or go to turbo diesel registry. Ive had two dodges with Tst upgrades. I will tell you though if you go tobig power like i did you will have to put a shift kit in it. I also put in a good convertor from coan. After you do all that. Start buying rear tires, a good lawyer, and a neck brace. Its alot of fun pulling up to a light and some person has a jap hot rod or a v8 mustang and you blow them away.Hopes this helps you. Brian
Old 05-22-2005, 09:41 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Do you have an auto? Plan on rebuilding it in short order. The autos were meant to be put behind a big block, not the Cummins. They were marginal to start with and really struggle with a turned up engine. Sorry. Boot can hook you up with a tunner.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:00 AM
Registered

I maintain my position and also pull a heavy boat. 13.8 aint to shabby in the quarter for a 7800lb. dually. All the diesels from the factory, no matter what brand need a convertor. there all set up to loose and make alot of heat. a tight convertor helps alot.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:09 PM
Charter Member

Contact Art over at www.lakeracer.com, we helped him out with his Dodge Cummins and he is pretty happy with it.

Thanks,
Don Baca
Old 05-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Charter Member

Contact Art over at www.lakeracer.com, we helped him out with his Dodge Cummins and he is pretty happy with it.

Edge Performance offer a great chip for the Cummins...

Thanks,
Don Baca
Old 05-22-2005, 12:47 PM
Registered

I'm not looking to spin the tires, just get a bit more pulling performance. It has no cat or muffler on it right now, so I thought a powerchip might help. Anything good about the Edge power chip?
Old 05-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Registered

32, I prefer the TST because of the experience ive had doing these things.Mark Chappel who owns TST is a retired cummins engineer. Regardless of what you do count on putting a convertor in. The 2004 super 6 ive got has a TST computer where i can adjust torque or horsepower at a finger tip. Go to there website and look oround. Bully dog is another one Dont waste your money on exhaust 4or5 inch. Youll only pick up minimal gains. Everything ive done is from a dyno.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cord
Do you have an auto? Plan on rebuilding it in short order. The autos were meant to be put behind a big block, not the Cummins. They were marginal to start with and really struggle with a turned up engine. Sorry. Boot can hook you up with a tunner.
Who is "boot" ?
Old 05-23-2005, 11:42 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

He's a board member. Deals in diesel performance. I know that he's help a bunch of different members and I've never heard a negative thing said about him. 'Boot' is his screen name.

Quick Reply: diesel performance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.