Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   LOTO Memorial Day weekend. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/103706-loto-memorial-day-weekend.html)

buck183 05-20-2005 08:48 PM

LOTO Memorial Day weekend.

I haven't seen much if any talk about a get together by the masses at LOTO this year for Memorial Day. Usually by now there have been a handful of threads on the topic with 30-50 boats committing to the trip. What gives? Is anyone going at all this year? Seems a little quiet to me.

Unfortunately due to the lack of a boat purchase on our part we will not be making it up for the first time in five years. :( It's eating at me a little. The thought of not being at the lake on the kickoff holiday weekend for the summer is something I've haven't had in over thirty years. I was hoping to live vicariously through you guys.

Something tells me I have just opened up a can of worms for Nort to feed. :D

Buck

Smitty 05-20-2005 09:35 PM

Re: LOTO Memorial Day weekend.

Buck,
If it's any consolation just think about how much fun the shootout is gonna be this year. :D :D I am finally getting my shortblocks back tuesday and I am heading to Tyler's on the following tuesday. Everything is coming together and I will be in the water by June 10th at the latest. The boat is all cleaned up, just needs some ponies !! Keep in touch.

Dave

buck183 05-20-2005 10:46 PM

Dave,

Trust me, that subject has been in the back of my mind since we talked last. I consider it the light at the end of the tunnel for my summer. ;)

I spoke to our favorite party girl "Cassandra" and she is game for the Shootout weekend. :D

Buck

MarkSmith 05-20-2005 10:46 PM

I would be there but I'm not ready yet. Picking up boat on Thursday and still have to put everything together: drives, Huber 1550 Deep-Sumps, motors.

Which would I rather do:
1. Naked girls, beads, drunk, passed out naked with permanent marker written all over my body.

2. At home in the backyard with the barbie-Q and the in-laws.

Tough one!!!

jawbreakerkid 05-21-2005 08:25 AM

we'll be down.....from Thursday night until Monday night. most of the LOTO people get together to talk about LOTO on MWBP.

Waterfoul 05-21-2005 11:08 AM

What's MWBP??

Not making the trip this year either... no boat... again.

Griff 05-21-2005 12:31 PM

We'll be down thurs-mon also.

buck183 05-21-2005 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
What's MWBP??

Not making the trip this year either... no boat... again.

Midwestboatparty.com

Pretty good bunch of guys over there. Mostly LOTO and Omaha people. I like hanging out in there and reading the banter when I'm bored.

Buck

lonestar382 05-21-2005 01:25 PM

This will be the first year in about four that we won't make it. I normally make the trip 6 times a season, but I guess I'm going to have to cut that in half this year, just too busy.

Smitty 05-21-2005 04:40 PM

Buck,

I am glad that Cassandra will be joining us. It would not be the same without her :D :D .

Do you have a connection for accomodations or would you like me to take care of that??

Let me know.

Dave