What do you think about putting boat on ebay >

What do you think about putting boat on ebay

Notices

What do you think about putting boat on ebay

Old 05-19-2005, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think about putting boat on ebay

I have my 32 Maelstrom in the classifieds.There has been alot of interest but nothing serious.Boat needs some cosmetics but the money is in the engines.Twin all Aluminum Troy Dennis dry sump Blower Motors,with all the best parts, hate to see it sit as I have another boat now.I am asking less then what the engines are worth so it does not deteriorate.Thinking about ebay or even seperating engines,what do you think?
Old 05-19-2005, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 158 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Re: What do you think about putting boat on ebay

Tough call, its worth a try on ebay. My boat is for sale also in the classifieds. The market seems to be slow for selling right now.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I sold my 30' Spectre on Ebay as well as several cars. It didn't sell during the auction but I my buyer saw it there. I had them all advertised in Dupont registry but found all my buyers through Ebay. It's great exposure. Just be very very accurate in your description.

Last edited by LubeJobs42; 05-20-2005 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Registered

LubeJobs is correct. You probably won't sell it in an auction, but you will be amazed at the number of phone calls and emails you receive. Hands down, probably the best exposure. Only thing to watch, is you will probably receive emails from a "broker who has someone (usually overseas) that wants your boat now". They will go so far as to send you a check (counterfeit) that they supposedly already cut for too big of a number (they meant to send you $2500 as a deposit, but accidentally had the secretary cut if for $5000) so just send them back a money order for the difference. Then about 2 weeks later, your bank will notify you that their check bounced...after you've sent the wire. Other than that scam, you'll get a ton of legitimate interest.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was surfing ebay last night and came across a 1997 Intrepid 322 Cuddy. This is a center console. It had a "buy it now price" of 30k. I was just about ready to jump in my truck and head to Florida for that price! The add sounded great and had many pictures and the seller was established with good feedback.
I did some comparison looking on boating sites to see what kind of asking prices these things were bringing when I came across the very same boat offered for 89k. I emailed the guy from the boating site to inquire and also "asked the seller a question" on the ebay site.

I got an email today from the "real" owner who said that someone hijacked his information on ebay and that he contacted ebay 3 days earlier about it.

The guy that hijacked it changed a few things in the add like the "buy it now" price and used a different seller with a good feedback so emails would be sent to the fraud guy.

Today there is an auction running from the real owner of the boat with correct info but it had to hurt him as last night there were over 700 page views and any emails went to the fake guy.

This is the email I got from the JackA$$ ripoff guy that also sent me a reply:
Hello there,

Yes, the right price is 30.000$

As you noticed my listing only has a buy it now option. So I cannot afford to let anyone to buy it without knowing that

is a serious buyer.

Another problem is that the boat can be picked up or shipped only from next weekend on.

I am in Hawaii right now at my new residence and will be back on the mainland next Friday.

If there is no problem with you and you’d still like to buy it, then I will kindly ask you to wire the funds to

Square Trade, an affiliate of eBay which mediates transactions between eBay users. Then I will approve you to buy

the boat through eBay. Troubles from the past are forcing me to take this security measure.

My moving to Hawaii lefts me with no other payment method then Square Trade.

Those are my conditions.

I will wait for your answer.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:14 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

If anything EBay will give it good exposure.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Registered

Thanks for all the input.Is it hard to advrtise on ebay and what do they charge?
Old 05-21-2005, 01:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GLH
If anything EBay will give it good exposure.
Absolutely .. Most items I toss up on Ebay end up selling before/after the auction completes. If I get a serious buyer I take a deposit, pull the auction, sell and save the final value fees too . Sometimes I run the ad for 5 or 6 days and pull it and get calls the day or two after ... and then it sells. Great exposure on Ebay.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I sold my 30' Spectre on Ebay as well as several cars. It didn't sell during the auction but I my buyer saw it there. I had them all advertised in Dupont registry but found all my buyers through Ebay. It's great exposure. Just be very very accurate in your description.
does it cost on ebay if you dont sell
Old 05-24-2005, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4MY29OUTLAW1
does it cost on ebay if you dont sell

nope, just the set up fee, around $70.00 to $100.00

Quick Reply: What do you think about putting boat on ebay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.