Notices

First Run

Old 05-22-2005, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Run

Finally got the time and ambition to take the boat out for the spring shake down run ... and nothing broke, it came back on both motors ... very strange . It really likes to cruise at 5000 RPM but I can back off to about 4000 without a problem. It doesn't really like running below that (surges, I think it's the props breaking loose) unless I put the tabs down and just hang it on to plane. (I wonder what a set of 4-blades would do for it??)

I actually dreaded taking it out since I discovered the water in the fuel tank this spring, but it looks like my poor mans fuel tank cleaning (Holley high volume pump, HUGE industrial water seperator, and a couple hours cycling fuel through the tanks) worked as there was no sign of water in any of the (four) water seperators when we got back.

I do have a problem to chase with water coming into the outboard bracket but I knew of that from last year. Was planning to raise the motors a notch anyway, so will have the chance then to re-caulk the bolts. I just need to find a way to get it on land with a hoist around so I can have Jim Speros come buy and raise them.

The new interior is all in (looks great), fixed the electrical gremlin for the one bilge pump, now if I can just find someone else to finish buffing the boat (I did the fordeck but I HATE buffing gel coat) I'll be ready for the summer.

-Greg