Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Notices

Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Old 05-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Originally Posted by bajadude
what happened to fasterthanthou's post that re-directed to his petition?
That was in another thread. Here it is again if you lost it, but be patient, it has been so busy that you might have to wait until an off-hour to get in:
http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/HB162
Keep trying.

I notice that OSO has over a thousand members, so why is this argument only coming from three or four? Might it be that the rest all recognize that you guys are not really helping them by taking such an extreme position? By holding to the rediculous notion that driving at any speed on this crowded lake is safe? Might the others be mature and intelligent enough to recognize that it is in the best long-term interests of your hobby that you give in to some reasonable limits?
I like to shoot, but I would not expect to get much mileage from an argument that it is ok to fire a gun down a crowded street. I think NRA would dis-own me if I tried to make that argument in their name. They accept that to keep the sport alive, reasonable compromises must be accepted.

Mike, how was the grammar?
Old 05-25-2005, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Mike, I needed a laugh. I'm running out of blood pressure pills
Theres no talkin to these people ..there going to impose there will on everyone come hell or high water
Trust me there motives are twisted ..speed is not an issue on this lake ..These people want the lake to be like squam .
"Norman the loons..the loons norman
Old 05-25-2005, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fasterthanthou
That was in another thread. Here it is again if you lost it, but be patient, it has been so busy that you might have to wait until an off-hour to get in:
http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/HB162
Keep trying.

I notice that OSO has over a thousand members, so why is this argument only coming from three or four? Might it be that the rest all recognize that you guys are not really helping them by taking such an extreme position? By holding to the rediculous notion that driving at any speed on this crowded lake is safe? Might the others be mature and intelligent enough to recognize that it is in the best long-term interests of your hobby that you give in to some reasonable limits?
I like to shoot, but I would not expect to get much mileage from an argument that it is ok to fire a gun down a crowded street. I think NRA would dis-own me if I tried to make that argument in their name. They accept that to keep the sport alive, reasonable compromises must be accepted.

Mike, how was the grammar?
There are like 20,000+ members here and most wont waste there time with a slug like you ..
If you are somehow comparing a fast boat to firing a gun down the street ..your even more of a spin doctor than I would have thought ..keep trying

Last edited by Pantera1; 05-25-2005 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:03 PM
Registered

And you still say nothing about education
Winnfabs primary mission is to educate about the benefits of the speed limits of HB162. Please provide your real name and address and we will put you on the mailing list andsend you some literature that will surely convert you.

Mike, did I spell "educate" right?
Old 05-25-2005, 03:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fasterthanthou
I am committed to fighting for reasonable speed limits on the lake, so those who own "lake-size" boats will also be safe.
Please explain why 45mph is "reasonable" and why 65 or 85 or 105 is not. And why 100% of the lake, 100% of the time should be speed limited.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:04 PM
Registered

ROTHLMFAO, Frank, you're too funny.

By the way, I traded in my Baja for a cruiser which should be in next week. Funny thing is that even with a 45 tail wind, I still don't think it will hit your proposed speed limit. Guess that means I'm not a "Go Fast"

So, even though I no longer have a dog in the fight, I still oppose HB162, and will do all I can to see that it never gets out of committe. At the risk of being repetitive, it is one sided legislation and does very little, if anything to deal with the issues facing the lake.

Last edited by bajadude; 05-25-2005 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera1
a slug like you
When are you going to post that info?
Old 05-25-2005, 03:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blownincome
I think they want Higher taxes up there Don't think they have worked the equation through..Lets see Less speed on the lake will = less boats=less $in the local economy= Higher Taxes!!Where do they think the money for the local economy comes from in the summer Hint its not Blow boats or canoes
These were my thoughts exactly! I know we get smashed for taxes on our island camp. Waterfront tax, view tax, regular property tax Whats next? Speed limits will only mean the need for more Lake patrol, and more equipment and faster boats for the lake patrol to enforce the speed limit with. And none of these come free of charge!

And as for Fasterthanthou. What a sleazy way to try and get support for your side of the bill. And I guess you'll be able to give up your name if it ever does pass cause everyone will be stuck at 45 anyways. YOU SUCK! And good luck in finding a new use for your boat as a mooring weight.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:07 PM
Registered

dog in the fit

Mike, did you catch that?
Old 05-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fruitta55
good luck in finding a new use for your boat as a mooring weight.
That's the whole idea, I'm tired of my boat being a mooring weight now because it is only 23 feet long and too small to compete out there. I want to start using it again...hence HB162.
What's your real name?

Quick Reply: Lake Winnipesaukee Speed Limit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.