Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Effn sick and tired of tire issues... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/103830-effn-sick-tired-tire-issues.html)

Sydwayz 05-22-2005 09:05 PM

Effn sick and tired of tire issues...

Anyone else lose 5 tires in a month on three vehicles?

Blew Cooper on truck. Cooper does not make that tire anymore, opted for all new rims and tires.

Flat on daily driver Mazda which I was able to fix.

Towing to SML two weekends ago, ejected entire tread off boat trailer tire, just like a semi-truck re-tread. The tire still held air, but when the tread came off, it made a perfect round bulge into the top of my fender.

Coming home from SML trip a few days later, lost another one, but that one was my fault for not keeping a better eye on things. I'll admit that.

Coming home from SML today, snapped belts in a different trailer tire and tread came apart, albeit still held air.

Is it rubber season or something?

Does anyone else carry/have TWO boat trailer spare wheels/tires with them at all times? I am thinking of investing in a second one.

docmanrich37 05-22-2005 09:12 PM

Re: Effn sick and tired of tire issues...

Sorry to hear that Brian.I would check with the store you bought them from and get your money back.lol

Audiofn 05-22-2005 09:41 PM

Check your allignment. Something aint right at all!!!!

jody165 05-23-2005 03:04 AM

What air pressure are you runnin? Everyone thinks that they are just supposed to run 35lbs like most cars but the trailer tires want 50 (it should say on the side). If you only run 35 lbs in them they get hot and come apart. How do I know this?? Hmmmm.

OldSchool 05-23-2005 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by jody165
What air pressure are you runnin? Everyone thinks that they are just supposed to run 35lbs like most cars but the trailer tires want 50 (it should say on the side). If you only run 35 lbs in them they get hot and come apart. How do I know this?? Hmmmm.

Underinflation and heat kills tires!!

docmanrich37 05-23-2005 05:58 AM

I think i know what the problem was.He had 800 extra lbs on the boat with the 8 extra women on it.He didn't even ask for help.Sydwayz your a MAN HO. :D

Outdrive1 05-23-2005 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by jody165

I know somebody with these kinds of problems, it's a good thing he has my spare and his avalible. :rolleyes:

FOUNTAINATLAST 05-23-2005 06:11 PM

Hopefully its not a problem any longer, but I'll still carry accouple spares for now.

tiufb 05-23-2005 07:37 PM

The roads in Florida have been full of nails ever since the hurricanes from all the roof repair trucks. I have to fix one or two tires a month on my two vehicles.

Payton 05-23-2005 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Troutly

Oh, and I do carry two spares.

Are you still talking about tires or guns? :D :D