Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   3 drunks in a dead boat in the middle of the lake at night... (rant) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/103831-3-drunks-dead-boat-middle-lake-night-rant.html)

PhantomChaos 05-23-2005 04:01 PM

Re: 3 drunks in a dead boat in the middle of the lake at night... (rant)

A lot of BIG soap boxes on this thread. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

birdog 05-23-2005 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Independent
"They asked for a tow, unfortunately, we had a commitment ...we offered to call"

Then in the next breath...

"I did offer to tow them"

They do seem to conflict ?

Formula Outlaw 05-23-2005 05:09 PM

First, I never meant to imply that I thought Sydwayz did anything wrong. I just put a thought out there, an idea, that's all.

Second, there have been several interesting and valid points brought up in this Thread, however given the situation, it's a lot like "Monday morning quarterbacking" to SOME extent. Probably the best thing would be for all of us to read and digest what's been constructively written here.

Third: 5 miles in 45 minutes averages out to 6.6666... mph. That is slower than my idle speed. I've also towed people in maybe eight times.

Like I stated, there has been some very interesting and valid points raised here. However, given the situation, I don't think Sydwayz can be faulted.

As far as the drunks in the boat, well that's another story....

PhantomChaos 05-23-2005 05:23 PM

I always tow on plane.......much quicker and easier on the rope!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :drink: :drink: :drink: :evilb:

Sydwayz 05-23-2005 06:23 PM

I was not exactly clear. They wanted to be towed 5 miles in a different direction across the lake than we were going rather than anywhere close to where we were heading. When I offered to come back and get them 10-15 minutes, they did not want that either. Then I tried hailing the CG/WP, and they just yelled to leave and go away.

Formula Outlaw 05-23-2005 07:24 PM

Brian, you did all you could do. :drink:

MILD THUNDER 05-23-2005 07:35 PM

I was under the impression this occurance happened on the ocean, not SML. If I broke down on an inland lake, I would turn the stern light on, grab some nudy books, and spend the night in my cabin. Then in the morning, use my safety paddle to paddle my a$$ back to shore. :drink:

offshoredrillin 05-23-2005 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I was not exactly clear. They wanted to be towed 5 miles in a different direction across the lake than we were going rather than anywhere close to where we were heading. When I offered to come back and get them 10-15 minutes, they did not want that either. Then I tried hailing the CG/WP, and they just yelled to leave and go away.

Next time shoot em with your flare gun, they will have plenty of light and be warm, and someone will see them:D

docmanrich37 05-23-2005 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Next time shoot em with your flare gun, they will have plenty of light and be warm, and someone will see them:D

lmao.

AMERICAN BAD A$$ 05-23-2005 08:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sydwayz sent all of these boats and a helicopter to help those drunks , who said he didn't help..... Oh yeah , and two fire boats...