Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   LOST A PROP! o-ya, and a shaft %*&#@* (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/103870-lost-prop-o-ya-shaft-%25%2A-%40%2A.html)

BBB 05-23-2005 10:43 AM

LOST A PROP! o-ya, and a shaft %*&#@*

At full rpm yesterday on the lake port propshaft broke and sent my brovo 1 to the bottom of the lake, has this ever hapened to any one, pulled drive apart yesterday and am ordering another one, is there a Tq. # the retainer ring needs to be at when putting this back together? TRS

Sydwayz 05-23-2005 10:49 AM

Re: LOST A PROP! o-ya, and a shaft %*&#@*

Several years ago, a good friend here on OSO solidly wedged his prop to include the prop shaft into a stump, and the boat and upper kept on coasting. He went back a short time later, and took his shaft and prop home for a souvenier.

X-Rated30 05-23-2005 10:52 AM

Yes, there is a 14.5x30 LH cleaver at the bottom of the river as of about 6 weeks ago. And yes, the shaft is still attached. :rolleyes:

Tantrum 05-23-2005 11:34 AM

Threw a real clean 15x32 LH clever to the fish in Lake George this weekend. Not at all happy. Searching for a resonable price for a new sportmaster to have it back up for the weekend.
The shaft had 3 hours on it, didnt hit anything, 4500rpm, I dont get it?

X-Rated30 05-23-2005 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Tantrum
...resonable price...

While you're at it, see if you can find Santa and the Easter Bunny. :D

Tantrum 05-23-2005 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by KaamaScarab30
While you're at it, see if you can find Santa and the Easter Bunny. :D

So foar I have located NONE of the above :cool:

yesrej 05-23-2005 02:10 PM

thats not good tantrum. i hope you get rvrything set for nrxt weekend. good luck

Strip Poker 388 05-23-2005 02:24 PM

A few years back I borrowed a new bravo 1 and lost it with the prop shaft . So I had to buy 2 props and a prop shaft at the same time . I dont like borrowing props anymore :eek:

Tantrum 05-23-2005 02:30 PM

These things are rediculous, it is an entire gear set short of a Bravo and twice the price. :mad: I paid second day frieght to get them in last time and run the boat for three hours, not sure how many times I want to pay the ransom.

yesrej, How did you make out? Did you pick up the boat?

stecz20 05-23-2005 03:02 PM

you told me that pig was maintenance free.... you joker you...