Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Awesome 38 Powerplay in Classifieds (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/103899-awesome-38-powerplay-classifieds.html)

Outdrive1 05-23-2005 08:39 PM

Re: Awesome 38 Powerplay in Classifieds

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
That's what I was thiking....I am sure he figures the paint job is already done! :D

...you could go the cheap route...

-Who needs gauges anyways??
-4 Eggbeaters aka Midnight Express style
-Get a couple bar stools from Home Depot

75k more and you have an Apache'

Name it "PowerScalper" and you are all set! :drink:

You figure Fred's about done with the other one, so now he can sell it before it ever hits the water and start fresh. He's probably drueling at the sight of those pictures........Thinking about the trim tabs, new #6's, all the gauges he can stuff everywhere, this is his kind of boat!!!!!
I like the idea of the bar stools and egg beaters....

Tim G. 05-23-2005 09:27 PM

It could also be set up for weedwackers...if you were trying to keep the $$ down...
Just a thought... :drink:

dykstra 05-23-2005 09:38 PM

NIce boat :evilb:

Semper Fi 05-24-2005 11:22 AM

I personally think it's WAY overpriced. Powerplay is gone. If you buy this hull, and have structural problems....who is going to warranty it???

Was this hull ever proven to be a winner? I don't recall hearing much positive about it.

On a short note....I like my 33' Powerplay...it's still for sale :D

SLINGSHOT 05-24-2005 11:27 AM

50k is a deal

Interceptor 05-24-2005 11:32 AM

You guys forgot all the fancy eye candy i.e.bolsters, sunpads, possible interior, swim platform, carpeting, killer stereo...............

ed

open87 05-24-2005 02:31 PM

it's worth it , and i'm sure that # is also negotiable. that's a really nice hull. to put some real nice power will be pricy , goonna really need some type of tranny drives , not bravo's. a konrad set up would be the way to go with that hull imho , hubers , and some good n/a motors , rig it light , vinyl on the sides , deck . you can rig that boat up for a real good price compared to what you would buy completed save what 30/35% and it's brand new/ rigged your way. i think you would have to have the "cash" at least to "rig" to get that %. if you went to financing then you may be better off buying something built. exhaust and steering is gonna set ya back some scratch. and wonder how many gallons in the belly, and what kinda of weight is it at presently?.

Jassman 06-24-2005 09:17 AM

Does anyone know if this boat has been sold yet, thanks Jeff

Semper Fi 06-24-2005 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman
Does anyone know if this boat has been sold yet, thanks Jeff

Jeff,
It's still for sale....so is my 33' Powerplay in the OSO Classifieds :D

Ed 06-24-2005 06:56 PM

I've got an idea as to how this boat was put together & it's potential. I will be glad to meet with any customer & Steve where the boat is stored, to help answer questions. By the way, this boat can be rigged with any power/drive packages you'd like & is not restricted to number six drives. Let me know if I can help. Ed