Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Awesome 38 Powerplay in Classifieds (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/103899-awesome-38-powerplay-classifieds.html)

MitchStellin 06-24-2005 11:17 PM

Re: Awesome 38 Powerplay in Classifieds

No way 110,000, that boat needs a minimum of 150,000 to finish and done by yourself at least a year. Motors and drives, if #6s and big power is at least 100,000. Then you need a complete interior, a complete cockpit, a complete helm, paint, it goes on and on, I say 50k for the hll anyway. at least it is new and blank so you are not having to jurry rig crap. It is a nice blank page for someone who has the resources, time and money. stem to stern, top to bottom, it is nothing but a fibergalss shell.

MitchStellin 06-24-2005 11:20 PM

What makes this custom set up for 6s, i see no difference from outboards, bravos, 6s?

Semper Fi 06-25-2005 01:08 AM

:d

Jassman 06-25-2005 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Jeff,
It's still for sale....so is my 33' Powerplay in the OSO Classifieds :D

Thanks for the help. I have a buddy who bought my 2000 42SS Sonic, but still owes alot of money on it. Im trying to get him in a better built and more managable boat for a certain price. Unfortunatly It's also a complicated deal, he wants to pull the TMP 750's that he had built and put them in this boat, and install the original 500 efi's they I have personally. Then he wants the 750's freshened up,(wish list) they only have a little over 300 hours(run perfectly) but then has to make a drive selection. He is leaning towards Arneson ASD-6 cause he feels they will handle the power better than a bravo, but worries about pushing the bow to forward and not getting enough lift. There is not enough of these out there to give us any help with advice, and he doesnt have the money to just try certain applications. Im just trying to help him out, but it is complicated, time involving, and a shoehorn kinda of a deal. The one he looked at was at Lake Cumberland, loves the 38, but it had PULSE drives, he was told a few things and besides that is way out of his price range with trade and all. Jeff

Jassman 06-25-2005 09:57 AM

Thanks Steve, thanks on the clear up on the 6's.

OldSchool 07-07-2005 06:26 PM

Congrats Steve!!! :drink: :drink: :drink:

Semper Fi 07-07-2005 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
Just wanted to update all of you. The boat has been sold and is leaving for its new home tomorrow. For those of you that e-mailed with ridiculous comments let it be known that the boat sold for a fair CASH price. The person that bought the boat is extremely knowlegable and did not even think twice about the fact that Powerplay is out of business.

Steve...congrats on selling the boat. :D I love Powerplay's but I am wondering how bad it's hurting PP owners since they are out of business. I was one of those disbelievers who thought it was a high price...everyone has their own price.
Now if I can sell my boat, I would get serious with you on the OSO Gladiator :D