Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   LEOPA Spring Poker Run 2005 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/103918-leopa-spring-poker-run-2005-a.html)

The Menace 05-27-2005 01:04 PM

Re: LEOPA Spring Poker Run 2005

You guys better check to see if Camp Perry is active (firing shells in Lake Erie at the practice range, and that is not sea shells). Being shot at may ad to the excitement but being hit wouldn't.

fund razor 05-31-2005 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by expresscat39
You guys better check to see if Camp Perry is active (firing shells in Lake Erie at the practice range, and that is not sea shells). Being shot at may ad to the excitement but being hit wouldn't.

Camp Perry is always "active" so to speak. The range is a restricted area. It always has been. After 9/11 the restricted area was expanded to cover a zone around Davis Besse Power Station. They issue announcements on the rare occasions that they intend to fire, along with which zone will be in use.
There are bouys around the restricted zone and a red box on your GPS.
Even if the range wasn't restricted you wouldn't want to cut through there because of the reefs. (Which is why that area is a target range anyway.)
Camp Perry was built by the NRA as part of a program to make better civilian shooters for national defense. It was gifted to the US by the NRA many years ago, but remains the location of the NRA nationals.

When I go to Put In Bay I go right along the restricted area. And I know that they see me, but I keep a course that is directly parallel to the range and they know that I am NOT lost. I have seen them intercept boats. Not me though.

Ms PatriYacht 05-31-2005 02:20 PM

If I knew for sure we would be running, you could ride with us. But as we speak the engines are just being dropped in, we are hoping to have it out on Lake St Clair this week for a test run. I am hoping even it we don't make the run to have the boat at the Monroe boat club so we have a place to crash after the pig roast :drink:

fund razor 05-31-2005 02:27 PM

Hey Donna,

Are you talking to me? :D If so... thanks for thinking of me.

I am holding out hope that I have my boat back. If not, maybe I will call Dave on his cell and see what is up with him.

I'm not a LEOPA member. Just know some. But I was thinking about showing up at one of the stops just to see people.

Ms PatriYacht 05-31-2005 02:36 PM

Yes I am talking to youuuuuuuuuuuuu, So you are not a member, WHY NOT????? I think you should join. The club could use a few new good members, plus what better deal could you ask for $25.00 includes a poker hand, free lunch and a Pig Roast. Plus cheap drinks :drink: at the Monroe Boat Club, which Mr P and I are now members of :D

fund razor 06-01-2005 10:33 AM

You make a good point.

I used to talk to Dan once in awhile, because they used to support the charity that I work for. Was always a nice guy. Plus I know Greg, and Scott, and Dave.

I guess that on top of two yacht clubs, I might as well join.
(BVYC and ORYC. Both AYC clubs like Monroe Boat club.)
In fact.... your Monroe Boat Club memberships gets you in to my yacht clubs here because of the AYC reciprocity.

LEOPA needs somebody to be the slowest boat right?
If I join it won't be Dave S anymore.
:D

Half Nutz 06-01-2005 10:17 PM

Fund,

You should join, the club is for EVERYONE to have fun.

The weather for this weekend's poker run looks OUTSTANDING. Winds from the south and temps in the 80's.

Gerry has a good run scheduled and should be a great time as always.

Dan

RedDog382 06-02-2005 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Half Nutz
The weather for this weekend's poker run looks OUTSTANDING. Winds from the south and temps in the 80's

Dan

Is this a guarantee?!? I'm in!

Maybe I'll finally meet you Fund! And BTW, you still owe me a cold one for the solution to the trim problem.

LEOPAJM 06-02-2005 08:24 AM

Have FUN :drink: Guys and gals ... and we'll be lookin for ya at Kelley's on Sunday !!!!

JM

Ms PatriYacht 06-02-2005 08:38 AM

Fund and Red Dog if you join and show up on Saturday night Mr. P and I will buy you a drink :drink: (we have dollar off coupons :D )