Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Memorial Weekend Loto- J-2005 Sound Law - Learn It (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/103923-memorial-weekend-loto-j-2005-sound-law-learn.html)

Sean H 05-24-2005 08:40 PM

Re: Memorial Weekend Loto- J-2005 Sound Law - Learn It

you think you guys will be exempt in oklahoma next year? you better read this..... effective nov 2005....

http://www.lsb.state.ok.us/2005-06HB/HB1328_int.rtf

FOUNTAINATLAST 05-24-2005 09:03 PM

Remember that other boats running around you will effect your test readings!!! Make sure there giving you a fair test.

Sean H 05-24-2005 09:06 PM

read the pdf..... nobody at LOTO is coming anywhere close to the test procedure...

Bad to the bone 05-25-2005 07:28 AM

How are your guys opening PDF file it says it is copyright protected. Thanks

Sean H 05-25-2005 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bad to the bone
How are your guys opening PDF file it says it is copyright protected. Thanks

can you open it? i don't think reading it violates the copyright. i bought the rights to it (and every other sae document).

Audiofn 05-25-2005 07:47 AM

Sean that is a secured document :(. Maybe TopDJ can help you open it up? Drop him a email.

I would think that for 50 bucks invested for the actuall law could save you HUNDREDS in tickets and you will be a much more knowledgable person for it. I work with DB meters all the time. My meter for setting up Theaters costs over 4,000 bucks. We turn off all heating in the house and run the set ups late at night or when there is no one in the house. Even some one walking a couple rooms away can toss off the settings. Yup you heard it, some one walking!! To truely do the DB test it is practically impossible. I mean if some one is WAY over ya they can tell but if you are close then it is a tough call and they should in the interest of being fair let it go.

Jon

Sean H 05-25-2005 07:57 AM

well, if anybody wants it faxed to them, pm me your fax number... i figured for 50 bucks, it might get me out of a 135 buck ticket..... good investment on my part i think... and if you join sae it is cheaper too....

SummerObsession 05-25-2005 10:23 AM

While this is second-hand info, my understanding of the recent strict enforcement of the noise law may have as much to do with someone becoming beligerent with the water patrol when their brand new high dollar cat was tested. I don't know if this is true, and it really doesn't matter. The POINT is, if any of us get ticketed for a noise violation, we had better hold our tongues, because a little fuel on this fire could affect ALL of us that love to boat at LOTO for years to come!
Again, it doesn't matter what got this started, and I am NOT wanting to point ANY fingers, it does matter though that this is now an issue, and that we had all better work to let this issue QUIETLY die.

FYI, anyone on the left coast can tell you about noise issues. They have been fighting over this for a couple years now at Havasu. There is a huge thread on Hotboat.net about a marina at Havasu using their OWN test rules, and deciding whether people could launch there or not. I would certainly hate to see that kind of thing happen at LOTO, but it is entirely possible.

Sean H 05-25-2005 10:48 AM

faxed out the first round...... it is only 5 pages, hopefully somebody will scan it and post it.. i don't have a scanner right now to do this....

OU Want Some?!! 05-25-2005 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
While this is second-hand info, my understanding of the recent strict enforcement of the noise law may have as much to do with someone becoming beligerent with the water patrol when their brand new high dollar cat was tested. I don't know if this is true, and it really doesn't matter. The POINT is, if any of us get ticketed for a noise violation, we had better hold our tongues, because a little fuel on this fire could affect ALL of us that love to boat at LOTO for years to come!
Again, it doesn't matter what got this started, and I am NOT wanting to point ANY fingers, it does matter though that this is now an issue, and that we had all better work to let this issue QUIETLY die.

FYI, anyone on the left coast can tell you about noise issues. They have been fighting over this for a couple years now at Havasu. There is a huge thread on Hotboat.net about a marina at Havasu using their OWN test rules, and deciding whether people could launch there or not. I would certainly hate to see that kind of thing happen at LOTO, but it is entirely possible.

If you're referring to last weekend you are BADLY mistaken! The "yes sir, no sir, which ass cheek would you like kissed next approach was taken, as a matter of fact the officer stated that I had a great attitude for being asked to trailer my boat!!.. The only problem I have is the FACT that it (noise ordinance) is not being enforced equally. If you get kicked off for being too loud, wouldn't you expect equal "treatment" for other violators?

By the way, we were joking about it--"103--is that good?"