Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   One of the worst days of my life!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/103956-one-worst-days-my-life.html)

wrinkleface 05-24-2005 09:10 AM

Re: One of the worst days of my life!!

Sorry to hear you lost your friend. I had to put my two previous Shar-pei's (a mother and son) down a few years ago, a few months apart. I think it was the hardest choices I ever had to make. Oh man, you got me all choked up just responding here. Anyway, I sincerely feel for you and your family. Went through one summer 3 years ago after that time w/out a "pal", could not take it. Told the wife I needed a dog. So for about 21/2 years know we have had that monster over there in the avatar. Take care, Tracy

FOUNTAINATLAST 05-24-2005 09:11 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss. :( There is some definate truth to man best friend!!!!

Shane 05-24-2005 09:23 AM

Kendall,

I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a loved pet is often times harder than losing humans. As we all share similar bonds with our pets, there is just something a little extra special about a lab. I don'tt hink there is an animal on the planet, other than a lab, who feels their sole purpose is to make you happy.

All our best,

Shane, Kristen and Zoe

R Addiction 05-24-2005 09:42 AM

Sorry for your loss. :(

I'm at a loss for words.....I don't know how I'm gonna handle this situation with my dog. He's only 5 so hopefully I have alot of time left with him.

Great pictures!! Great memories!!

Tantrum 05-24-2005 09:48 AM

Sorry to hear that Kendall.
Our condolences, Chris and Christine

Pure Energy 05-24-2005 09:53 AM

Thanks for the support. I lost my Brother 18 yrs ago, my Father 8 yrs. ago, and this was no easier! My wife and I were present for the whole thing and spent an hr. and a half with him after he was gone. It had to be done and glad we could end his suffering. There are no bad memories, and I smile just thinking about him.

Rippem 05-24-2005 10:00 AM

the more people I meet (off OSO that is)...

the more love and respect I have for the animals in our lives.

I think I've take broken relationships with women easier than the ones with the animals I've known.

they ask for so little, and give so much to us in peace and comfort. :)

SpeedGirl 05-24-2005 10:00 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss....

Heather

PatriYacht 05-24-2005 10:04 AM

So sorry to hear. Donna and I went through the same thing with both of our dogs this winter. They were good friends and we miss them.

damdonzi 05-24-2005 10:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
They are family. Period.
We just brought home our first, and even when he is at full volume, Magnum makes sure he is under him. Usually sleeping - but he's always there. Sorry to hear about this.