Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
One of the worst days of my life!! >

One of the worst days of my life!!

Notices

One of the worst days of my life!!

Old 05-24-2005, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: One of the worst days of my life!!

My girl and I had to put down her 17 year old Great dane last year.She still gets upset.Its hard to go through.Hang in there.Theres a pup waiting for you somewhere.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for your loss.
Dan
Old 05-24-2005, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

PE .... I'll try to Post some Pics of "gator" my 12 year old Lab ... you would not know the difference in Appearence. He was diagnoised with cancer back in December and the Vet said about 6 months ...So far he has not shown any signs. He does have the Arthritus and I am sure you know what I mean when it hurts me to watch him struggle to get up . We have 2 story house and NO MATTER what he is coming up those stairs each nite to sleep by our bed. Sometimes you can hear him for 30-45 mins trying to get up those stairs at nite. I dread the day .... truly sorry ....
Old 05-24-2005, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

My 1 1/2 year old chocolate lab snuck out of the house last night on my brother and was gone all night. I barely slept. I went into work and couldn't concentrate. Literally as i was reading this post the animal shelter called and said they found a dog matching my description. I picked him up and he got into it with something. Left eye is swollen shut, bleeding out his nose, left leg a little torn up and a few cuts and scrapes here and there. Looked like hell! Barely recognized him. But at least I got him back. Not trying to hi-jack your thread my point is they are a HUGE part of our lives.

I am truly sorry for your loss.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:00 AM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear of the loss of another dog boater. That is tough. But, congrats on the new child!

New lab puppy time?
Old 05-24-2005, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am so sorry for your loss, He looked like he was one big hunk of love, the pictures with him and your daughter are priceless. I am glad to hear you smile when you think of him.

It was a hard winter for us, as Ian mentioned we lost both of our dogs within 3 months of each other At first I also said I would not get another dog but after several months the house just seemed to empty, so we found another little Yorkie to love. Give it time but don't be surprised if you find the need to hear the patter of 4 little paws around the house again.

Meet Kirby he is 3.4 lbs and 5 months old. Look for him on the great lakes this summer.
Attached Thumbnails One of the worst days of my life!!-kirby-donna.jpg  

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 05-24-2005 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know what you're going through.
We've had to put down several of our friends over the years. The hardest was a cat that we rescued from certain death. He lived with us for 14 years. Our daughter, when she was little, used to dress him up, drag him around, wheel him around in a baby carriage wrapped in a baby blanket, and never once complained. He was true gentleman.
In the last year of his life he developed an inoperable tumor.

Still hurts to think about it.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:51 AM
Registered

Hey Kendal sorry to hear about your Lab

Drew Z.

Ps wil you be at the NYC poker run next month ???
Old 05-24-2005, 11:58 AM
Registered

Lost my 10 year old Golden Retriever Abigail last October. She loved the water, boating, frizbee, chasing ducks and scrounging for food, beer, and chicks for me at Put-In-Bay. Went nuts when I would pull the RV up in the driveway ... she knew we were giong somewhere fun! Waited on the step till I would open the door, then bound up onto "her" spot on the couch behind the driver's seat. She was a comfort nothing else could ever provide ... always there no matter what else was going wrong in life.

Couldn't even begin to replace her, but couldn't stand the big empty house without her, either. I was fortunate to find her a little sister "Ocean" 1 month later. She's 8 months old and 75# now, and I took her to Put-In-Bay for the first time Saturday. They are the same and different, but she does help fill some of the void left without my old girl. Still miss her everyday!

Last edited by RedDog382; 05-24-2005 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pure Energy
It had to be done and glad we could end his suffering.
Hope you always find comfort in this. Sorry for your loss.

Chris

Quick Reply: One of the worst days of my life!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.