Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Radar Shoot in Va. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/104075-radar-shoot-va.html)

Reckless32 05-26-2005 07:29 PM

Re: Radar Shoot in Va.

Urbanna huh? What are the marina/s & #'s there that you can stay? Anything to do within walking distance of the marina/s? I've always heard of the oyster fest they have there each year...

blown budget 05-27-2005 07:26 AM

JimV

The boats are only classed by type, i.e. v-bottom, cat etc. We are just starting with classes so we are trying to keep it simple this year. The water is almost always flat where the shoot is being held. It can get a little choppy on the way, but only for a short stretch. Tow on down, it'll be fun..

blown budget 05-27-2005 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Reckless32
Urbanna huh? What are the marina/s & #'s there that you can stay? Anything to do within walking distance of the marina/s? I've always heard of the oyster fest they have there each year...

Reckless,

Dozier Marine has overnight slips available. www.doziermarine.com. I called and they have slips available. Not sure what is within walking/stumbling distance but the web site says a courtesy car is available. That has to be a plus. :D :D

220sx_bbwb 05-27-2005 12:36 PM

Sorry but the forms aren't available on the website yet. If you want a copy send me an E-mail at [email protected] and I'll send them your way. Commodore

rackster 05-28-2005 03:49 PM

Looking forward to seeing everyone! Our club has worked hard to make this event a success. We are hoping to have a large number of participants as well as spectators. A good time will be had by all. :evilb: :D :D

nauti-buoy 05-28-2005 04:58 PM

which boat ramp would be the closet to the action. I have had to back up a bit this year so I will be in my 17' boston whaler.

How far above the 360 bridge in Tappahannock (sp) is the radar run??

blown budget 05-29-2005 09:57 AM

Nauti-

The run is about 15 miles north of the bridge. The closest ramp is at Leedstown. That will put you a couple of miles from the action. Come on over and play on the Rappahannock.

Cignificant 05-31-2005 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Reckless32

My reservations are at the Urbanna Yacht Center 804-758-2342.

Sydwayz 05-31-2005 04:18 PM

Tentatively planning to launch at Garrett's Marina. Can anyone bless this location as good for a 37 footer on a triple axle trailer?

blown budget 06-01-2005 08:33 AM

Sydwayz,

Garrets will be a stretch for your ride. The ramp is not in good condition and the road to get there is very narrow and curvy. The tides have been running very high early in the morning and late in the evening. June Parker should work if you get down early and catch the tide high. If not Urbanna should accommodate your boat.