Who remembers Memorial Day?

Notices

Who remembers Memorial Day?

Old 05-25-2005, 11:21 AM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who remembers Memorial Day?

I'm just as guilty as everyone else. Thinking about what I'm going to do for Memorial Day. You know, what kind of fun and excitement I can get in to for the weekend.

And then I realized that we SHOULDN'T EVER FORGET that our finest are serving to protect our summer boating season kick off weekend and that many veterans gave their life so that we could enjoy ourselves. After all, this weekend is to Memorialize those who aren't with us any more.

Please join me by saying thanks to those who aren't here any more and saying a prayer (if your religious) for those who are serving.

I've often thought about going to the nearest military base and talking to a public relations officer about finding a couple of troops who came home recently and taking them out for a weekend on the boat. I'd do it this weekend if we weren't having a family reunion to honor my Dad (WWII vet) who passed away a few years ago. I'm going to follow up on this idea some time this summer.

From my family - a great big thank you to those we honor with Memorial Day. And another great big thank you to the finest military and the men and women who serve to protect this great nation.

Anyways, just some thoughts that came to me as I prepared for the weekend. Hope you don't mind.

Last edited by LakeRacer; 05-25-2005 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Who remembers Memorial Day?

Thank God for all those brave men and women.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:57 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Great idea Lakeracer....
Our military personnel are the finest and I am grateful for all they have given. We have met with the local Marine corps office about hiring guys that have returned from combat. If they have no job prospects, we will hire and train them to operate printing press equipment. Not a glorious job, but a good experienced operator will always have a job making 50-60k a year in this town. (Have you noticed how well disciplined soldiers are, these guys make great employees)
Old 05-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Registered

Those men and women are the real HEROS!! We all need to thank them for there courage to protect our nation, past, present, & future. THANK YOU!
Old 05-25-2005, 04:02 PM
Registered

I spent four years in the Army from 1981 to 1985. I never forget.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

God Bless ....
Attached Thumbnails Who remembers Memorial Day?-6.jpg  
Old 05-25-2005, 05:04 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Who remembers Memorial Day?

I will be remembering our troops and also attending a parade on Sunday where my relative will be honored:

** 2005 Grand Marshal **

John Conaghan – U.S. Navy

Pt. Pleasant Memorial Day Parade

On behalf of the citizens of Pt. Pleasant, the Mayor and Council is proud to recognize and honor our own John Conaghan for his commitment and service to the United States of America while enlisted as a “Tin Can Sailor,” Electrician Second Class and a Gyro-Compass Expert in the U.S. Navy from August 4th, 1942 to January 27th, 1946.

Today, it is important to look back on July 9th & 10th 1943 when John Conaghan and his unit aboard the battleship, the U.S.S. Tillman, joined half a million Allied soldiers, airmen and sailors in an armada of 2,590 vessels and launched one of the largest combined operations of World War II. This collective effort successfully secured the first piece of the Axis homeland in “Hitler’s Europe” for Allied forces - this historic battle became known as the “invasion of Sicily.”

This Memorial Day, we extend our thanks to John Conaghan and to all the men and women of World War II who were willing to sacrifice all, so others could live…

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 05-25-2005, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINATLAST
Those men and women are the real HEROS!! We all need to thank them for there courage to protect our nation, past, present, & future. THANK YOU!

WELL SAID !

L.S.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Registered

I think about our troops every day. I have a "hero" beanie baby that my daughter gave me sitting above the rear view mirror in my truck.

For it is these fine men and women that fight and allow me to chose my way with FREEDOM!!!!!
Old 05-25-2005, 09:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

THANKS TO OUR TROOPS

Quick Reply: Who remembers Memorial Day?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.