Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   CMI Headers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/104127-cmi-headers.html)

Stormrider 05-25-2005 09:23 PM

Re: CMI Headers

One reason I steered away from CMI, is that they are so busy w/ the merc business they have, when do they have time for the guy like me?

I feel for you CM454... :(

wwwTOPDJcom 05-26-2005 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Stainless Marine! Better performance too!

love mine :)

Back4More 05-26-2005 01:02 PM

I want to express my confidence in Fred who assured me that I/we will get due quality from CMI or any product he stands behind.
This is a good thing for all the Marine industry...satisfied customers.
BTW... 4/18 was my CMI target completion date...Oh well.
Now everyone have a great and safe Holiday. :cool:

baja27 05-26-2005 03:17 PM

I'm sorry tired of hearing the same stories about these jerk off;s in the marine business. No one can keep there word!, and on top of that you pay for top dollar for everything because it's for marine. What a bunch of crap. Most of the stuff built today is over seas anyways. Sorry had to vent :mad: I'm in the mist of putting my boat back together so I know what your talking about!

zt260 05-26-2005 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Too Old
But let me reiterate, that CMI makes a great product and are committed to excellence.

Fred you are kidding right? Great product - yes, committed to excellence - NO

It doesn't matter if CMI has the best product on the planet, if they don't take care of their clients, someone else will. They have proven on numerous occasions they can't be trusted to follow though. For that reason alone I will not do business with them.

Vinny P 05-26-2005 03:37 PM

baja27,

You owe Fred from Trick Marine an apology. As most of us here on OSO will tell you, he is one of the good guys in this business. As I said, this whole mess has nothing to do with Fred. Other than flying to Wisconsin and standing over them while they fabricate and ship my tails, he helped as much as he could.

If this thread turns into a Trick Marine bashing, I will delete it.

Strip Poker 388 05-26-2005 06:00 PM

I had CMI weld some bungs in my tips they did that real fast!! but they forgot the clamp and the plugs when they sent them back to me . I was still pretty happy that they got to it that quick.In a big biz like that sometimes the ball gets dropped . Maybe its oscillated ??

I think there marine division if a small part of there real biz?

Good luck .I hope they show up made correctly

Rob

Downtown42 05-26-2005 06:23 PM

My CMI bolts need to be ck'd and tightened regularly.

Anyone use header bolts so they stay locked up? My neighbor suggested them but he is not a hi-perf boater, just bass boat dude.

zt260 05-26-2005 07:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fred you are kidding right? Great product - yes, committed to excellence - NO

No, I'm not kidding. Based on extensive conversations I believe they are commited to doing the right thing.

Chuck 05-26-2005 07:26 PM

I've purchased numerous products from CMI, and they always went above and beyond to help me out. I hope you get your tails in time for the weekend. If anyone needs some 30 Spectre tails with CMI mufflers shoot me a p.m. Guaranteed to meet J2005 standards!!!!!