Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
3 drunks in a dead boat in the middle of the lake at night... (rant) >

3 drunks in a dead boat in the middle of the lake at night... (rant)

Notices

3 drunks in a dead boat in the middle of the lake at night... (rant)

Old 05-22-2005, 09:14 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts
Default 3 drunks in a dead boat in the middle of the lake at night... (rant)

This REALLY pisses me off. Returning from evening entertainment on Saturday night, brisk evening with clear moon, and a very flat lake, came across about a 24 ft. performance boat of some type, waving us down. We circled around, and came back. They asked for a tow, which would have been about 5 miles. Unfortunately, we had a commitment, as we were the only ones with the keys to get in the condo, and others were meeting us there by land and had to get in. We alerted them to our issue, and offered to call CG or WP for assistance. I began to hail on the radio, and they immediately started screaming at us to stop, go ahead, and that they would be fine.

We left.

I pray that no one got hurt running into these fools. They did have running and anchor lights working, but "no spotlight, flares or radio." We were in 120 ft. of water too, so I doubt they had 150+ ft. of anchor line. I apologize for my harshness especially if the folks are here on OSO, but I have no patience for this BS. Its stupidity like this that gives us all a bad image and worse.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 05-22-2005 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 3 drunks in a dead boat in the middle of the lake at night... (rant)

You should've called the CG anyway - I would've.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:19 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 3 drunks in a dead boat in the middle of the lake at night... (rant)

Maybe they started to drink AFTER they broke down
Old 05-23-2005, 05:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Maybe they started to drink AFTER they broke down
That would have been my story.

A buddy of mine had been drinking and had a single car mishap (went off the road into a ditch). Convienently located only a few hundred feet away was a bar. He went down and had a couple drinks until the cops came. He said he was shaken by the incident and needed a drink.

No DUI. Only towing fees, slight pride and car damage. He walked back to the bar and called me for a ride instead of bail. Which in fact he has done before.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
This REALLY pisses me off. Returning from evening entertainment on Saturday night, brisk evening with clear moon, and a very flat lake, came across about a 24 ft. performance boat of some type, waving us down. We circled around, and came back. They asked for a tow, which would have been about 5 miles. Unfortunately, we had a commitment, as we were the only ones with the keys to get in the condo, and others were meeting us there by land and had to get in. We alerted them to our issue, and offered to call CG or WP for assistance. I began to hail on the radio, and they immediately started screaming at us to stop, go ahead, and that they would be fine.

We left.

I pray that no one got hurt running into these fools. They did have running and anchor lights working, but "no spotlight, flares or radio." We were in 120 ft. of water too, so I doubt they had 150+ ft. of anchor line. I apologize for my harshness especially if the folks are here on OSO, but I have no patience for this BS. Its stupidity like this that gives us all a bad image and worse.

So, who was broken down? Was it Rich or James??

Were these guys who broke the only people who you saw drink and boat this weekend??????
Old 05-23-2005, 06:06 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have offered assistance anyway....whats 5 miles...those on land could have had a few beers knowning you were offering a helping hand.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:08 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by craig223
So, who was broken down? Was it Rich or James??

Were these guys who broke the only people who you saw drink and boat this weekend??????
Was not either one of us.it was really Brian and the ladies he had on the boat that where drinking and he stopped the boat and told the ladies he was out of gas and they would all have too spend the night together with him on the boat.All i know is he came to my condo and was asking for some RED BULL the next am and had a big smile on he's face.lol
Old 05-23-2005, 06:13 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's different out on the water.
You ALWAYS stop and offer assistance. And then make good on your offer.
I wouldn't do the same thing on the highway, but the water is different.

What if the guy's that broke where the only ones holding keys for a condo that they were expecting guests at??
Give them a tow, It could happen to you.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:16 AM
Registered

Sydwayz .... Are you coming to SML this weekend ?
Old 05-23-2005, 07:00 AM
Registered

Think maybe I would have tried to locate a cell phone and maybe called the people who were expecting me to explain the issue. A 45 minute delay to tow someone in is worth it, it can happen to any of us. Just my two cents.

Quick Reply: 3 drunks in a dead boat in the middle of the lake at night... (rant)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.