Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Miami Vice Scarab I ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/104156-miami-vice-scarab-i.html)

Ted G 07-25-2005 10:03 PM

Re: Miami Vice Scarab I ?

I'll look it up at Art's and post some pics when it gets there :D

cuda 07-25-2005 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sacandaga
I have the box set of the first season, can't stop watching it. I don't remember ever seeing that boat when the show was on. I do remember some smaller boats being used, however they were outboards. Example, when Sonny lost his memory due to an explosion aboard a drug lords boat. And I also remember a small chase scene thru the canals. Also, outboard. It was chezzy fast motion too, hilarous.

Can't beat the 39' Chris Craft when they were heading to the Bahamas to get Caldarone. Awesome.

I bought the set a while back. I'd only watched a couple of them, and this post reminded me I had it. I just watched the Calderone Returns episode. :D

Iggy 07-26-2005 05:01 AM

Hmmmmm........very ineresting.
Looks too nice to be one of Universal's stunt show boats. I've taken a good look at the ones here in Orlando when they had the nightly show. Those boats were really used and abused. But they were Wellcraft boats.

Hang Time 27 07-31-2005 01:49 PM

I am meeting with George Barris tomorrow to get some of the blanks in the history filled in with the boat.

This is my first boat of this class, although my father and I have owned/restored over 31 different "river" speedboats....mostly 15-19' Glastrons. In fact, I still have a '77 Glaston GT150; the boat made famous from the James Bond film Live and Let Die (No I don't own THE boat from Live and Let Die, just one like it.)

Plans for the boat include a complete resoration (the exterior needs some help, as well as a new windshield and some minor cosmetic items. Most of the work is going to be done by Lilly Powerboats, owned by the famous offshore racer Art Lilly. The engine is a strong runner so it will be basic upkeep and restoration on this...all new hoses, water pump, plugs, wires, etc. Eventually, I plan on showing the boat.

I'll probably be asking lots of questions during my restoration, so I just wanted to thank everyone in advance for all the help.[/QUOTE]

George Barris had some wild creations. Would be cool to meet him! Congrats on a unique find. You in Annapolis? Where is Art Lilly's Shop Located now, after his old one burned down? I live 3 miles from that shop. I would love to see the boat. My first boat was a '71 Glastron V-175 Jet, (the same type of boat that the bad guy drove through the wedding cake in "Live and Let Die", I even had the windshield off too......) I still like the second boat Bond had in that movie, the CV-21 maybe??.....................