Memorial Weekend Loto-  J-2005 Sound Law - Learn It >

Memorial Weekend Loto- J-2005 Sound Law - Learn It

Notices

Memorial Weekend Loto- J-2005 Sound Law - Learn It

Old 05-23-2005, 05:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memorial Weekend Loto- J-2005 Sound Law - Learn It

I encourage everyone to learn and have a copy of this law on board with you, and make sure the test is performed correctly. I have been on the phone all day talking to anybody that I feel can help us at loto with the sudden inforement of the Sound ordinance. I have spoke to many boat manufacturers, muffler manufacturers, fellow powerboaters lawyers,etc,. We at the LOTO powerboat club.com want to show the state we are responsible boaters and encourage boater safety and are desperately trying to help develop technology with all muffler manufacturers that we are making every effort to comply with the new law We also need to make sure the test is performed per the law. I have established LOTO as a testing facility to develop legal sound restriction without sacrificing motor reliability and power with all the major muffler manufacturers. We will find mufflers that work..... We all need to practice being model powerboaters and practice safe boating until this situation can be resolved. Keep in mind that practicing safe boating habits will save lives and show the state that we are hard working tax paying boating enthusiasts who love our sport and respect the one of a kind lake and facility that loto brings us. We are fortunate to have this facility in our back yard. We want to promote powerboating, and we at the powerboat club invite everyone to Loto and lets all work together with our politicians and general public to show that we are a positive group and bring a strong economical impact to the lake businesses and vendors. We need everyones help to protect our valuble asset. We are working with many major sponsors to put together a certified, missouri approved, safety program to show our commitment to the future of powerboating safety here. so write your politicians. thanks Jim LOTO powerboatclub.com
Old 05-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Banned

Default Re: Memorial Weekend Loto- J-2005 Sound Law - Learn It

Its On Missouri State Website And Last Months Hot Boat Edition
Old 05-23-2005, 08:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 190 Likes on 41 Posts

I have a pre 1996 boat very loud. I noticed on missouri web site that older boats are checked at 50 ft. 86 dba. Does it state anywhere that this has to be at any certain speed and can you use clamp on mufflers for the test. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:55 AM
Banned

Mufflers Are Required. They Have Been Doing The Stationary J-2005 Test, Not 50; Test. Hopefully They Will Relax A Little.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thanks for the info do you think it is easier to pass at 86 and 50 or 3 and 90 seems the 50 would be much easier. thanks
Old 05-24-2005, 08:39 AM
Registered

Over the past decade, enforcement of noise laws has come and gone. Last I saw, the 86dB at 50' was still used for older boats, but that had NEVER stopped them from using the new law. In addition, they dont bother to follow the specs on noise measurement. I've seen them stick the mic up the exhaust of a nwere sonic w/ 502s, standard exhaust, and mufflers. The boat was confirmed legal from the dealer. The owner had to point out he was doing the test wrong, then he didn't write a ticket.
Learn the law, procedure like wiggler said. Also note where your boat is. Mine was over the limit with the back facing towards the dock, but not when the pipes faced out toward the lake. The WP doesn't care about this stuff, they just write tickets. Wouldn't hurt to take a pic of them performing the test either if you plan to fight it.
Gary
Old 05-24-2005, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couldn't find a full set of test proceedures on the web so I got the from SAE.

5 pages and good information..now to laminate it and put it in the boat. It looks like it would be hard to do on the lake during a holiday weekend maintain the required distance aft and above the water.

Looks like I also get a bit more distance from the transom since my boat has a swim platform bolted on. Wonder if adding flappers to the mufflers would help deflect the sound from going strait aft where the measurements are taken?

Interesting, looks like it would be hard to do not tied to a dock and get consistant results.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

where did you get this SAE info thanks
Old 05-24-2005, 08:14 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Why don't you get a bunch of guys together and buy the $50 specs from SAE?? Or maybe offer to pay part of Von Bongo's if he paid for his copy. Photo copies are free at most of our offices! One set of rules could be distributed to a LOT of people pretty fast... fax machines anyone???
Old 05-24-2005, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.sae.org/servlets/productD...D=J2005_200407

Here you go

Quick Reply: Memorial Weekend Loto- J-2005 Sound Law - Learn It

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.