Notices

Stepp

Old 03-20-2004, 04:35 PM
LPA2106

Default Stepp

Interesting stuff:

In 1978, Steve Stepp created the Velocity with the world’s first offshore pad bottom hull and Stepp transom. This design allows a boat to plane quicker, reach higher top speeds, and turn sharper than conventionally designed boats. As evidence of the remarkable innovation of the Stepp design, every major race and pleasure boat manufacturer is now using some part of Steve’s original design. Stepp has improved on his original innovation, and todays Velocity’s use a modified design that continues to make them the most advanced on the market. A base model Velocity runs 10% faster and gets 10% better gas mileage than similar boats produced by the competition.

The most demanding and grueling test center in the world is the offshore racing circuit. There simply is no better place to test a boat’s speed, handling, endurance, construction, and rough water capability than in offshore racing conditions. Any vessel that has not been through this is just a boat that floats. At Initial Marine Corp., every model is designed, tested, and re-tested on the race course to achieve maximum performance and safety.

Consequently, the model you purchase will perform effortlessly throughout the entire range of speeds and water conditions with maximum comfort. Velocity is the world record holder of E & F1 class, outrunning the step or ventilated bottom boats with the same horsepower.

...were very efficient....still around..I don't hear much about them...greta boat from what a friend of mine says.
Attached Images  

Old 03-20-2004, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love mine in all water conditions.
Attached Thumbnails Stepp-jacksonville-running.jpg  
Old 03-20-2004, 04:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

INTERESTING.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:04 PM
Registered

Originally posted by CAP071
INTERESTING.
?????
Old 03-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Registered

I have seen some of his quotes in magazines slamming step bottom hulls.

I will have to look through some back issues, but I don't believe the 39' runs as fast as the faster step bottomed boats in the class.

Some others could probably chime in with some #'s here???
Old 03-20-2004, 05:44 PM
LPA2106

Stepp boats didn't catch on in the 70's...the stepped Nova 28' Wellcraft never sold...I think a couple old Apache's had steps....then Reggie FOuntain did his 'pad bottom" designed 10 meter and nobody could keep up efficiency wise..and when he went to steps and the pad...everybody and their brother jumped into steps because he was doing 10-20mph faster and everybody saw the advantages and nobody ever looked back...so I did the research and whereas Reggie didn't invent steps ...he got other's attention bigtime....and he DID do the steps right....so my hats off...Fountain did in that regard revolutionize the HP Powerboating industry and credit where credit is due....those old airplane "steps" were for a softer landing not to get the plane up guys...cause that always comes up...I try to be fair...lots of botas I like for lots of reasons...but this one is for Reggie
Attached Images  

Old 03-20-2004, 06:06 PM
Registered

Havasu cig I have been running a 390 velocity for a long time . I do 14=18 poker runs a year. The only boat that ever hung with me with the same power (500 efis)was a 32 phantom. I have ran them all, and most of you out there know me. We went to the New York city poker run and ran I thing damn near every brand of boat out there and left them all but a phantom. That Phantom was twisted stix. My 390 waighs 10,200# and runs a real no bs 84-86. Well it did before we redid the power.
Old 03-20-2004, 06:31 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Velocity Tom
Havasu cig I have been running a 390 velocity for a long time . I do 14=18 poker runs a year. The only boat that ever hung with me with the same power (500 efis)was a 32 phantom. I have ran them all, and most of you out there know me. We went to the New York city poker run and ran I thing damn near every brand of boat out there and left them all but a phantom. That Phantom was twisted stix. My 390 waighs 10,200# and runs a real no bs 84-86. Well it did before we redid the power.
That is a damn good speed for 500's, I have seen 81.3 in our Gun with 500's, but heavy on fuel ect... I would like to get some weight out of the boat sometime and see if I can pick up a couple MPH.
Old 03-20-2004, 06:37 PM
Registered

Velocity was the first V bottom to break the 100 mph mark. I'm really happy with my 41.
Attached Thumbnails Stepp-fly.jpg  
Old 03-20-2004, 06:41 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Too Old
Velocity builds a very fast boat. Steps not required.

There's at least one more conventional V that I'm familiar with that might just give step boats a run.
Yup and I'd say some old guy owns one.

Quick Reply: Stepp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.