Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone want to run out of Longbeach/Newport this weekend? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/104470-anyone-want-run-out-longbeach-newport-weekend.html)

Outdrive1 06-02-2005 11:39 PM

Re: Anyone want to run out of Longbeach/Newport this weekend?

My resin bucket wont do a hundred anyways, I would just hate to get left behind not knowing to go and on the other hand I would want anyone baby sitting me either. I run about 75 top speed in Havasu but usually cruise in the fifties at 36/37 hundred rmp. If they run a little faster that would be ok with me. Same boat as Kachina Ken's old boat.......

kcgbjc 06-02-2005 11:45 PM

I run the same. 70-75 top. Still have to tweak it to get to 75. Hell, GPS will get you anywhere. You can even get it on your phone (depending on the phone). There are a lot of cool people out there who will hang right with you.

Steamin Rice 06-03-2005 10:28 AM

Badkachina - as long as it's not a really bad day out you should be fine.. I used to have a 29' Shockwave and went on a bunch of ocean trips without any problems. Most people cruise around 55-60MPH on the trips. I usually had to run a little slower that the group, but I would either leave a little bit early or catch up to them all at the dock..

HUSTLEthis 06-03-2005 02:54 PM

...and it's about 26-27 miles to get over there...

Reed Jensen 06-03-2005 03:18 PM

I'll warm a seat and throw down for some fuel!......... :D

PhantomChaos 06-03-2005 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Reed Jensen
I'll warm a seat and throw down for some fuel!......... :D

Stacks at 9:00?

Semper Fi 06-03-2005 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by kcgbjc

Then Father's Day in Havasu, and July 8 for about a week and a half in Havasu. Can't wait!!!!

Chris,
I might see you out there in Havasu at that time. I am closing on a house there in 1 week. :D

kcgbjc 06-03-2005 04:26 PM

Congrats on the house! We'll have to hook up. It's been years.

FOUNTAINATLAST 06-03-2005 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Chris,
I might see you out there in Havasu at that time. I am closing on a house there in 1 week. :D

Sweet, when should we all come over for the house/boating party. :drink: :drink: :drink:

Outdrive1 06-03-2005 07:57 PM

count me in..........I'll bring the beer.