Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thinking of switching from 31 Sonic to a Superboat Y2K, what to expect (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/104588-thinking-switching-31-sonic-superboat-y2k-what-expect.html)

Titan 06-02-2005 08:02 AM

Re: Thinking of switching from 31 Sonic to a Superboat Y2K, what to expect

Originally Posted by Stormrider
I work less than 30 minutes from Superboat, so checking in on a order in production would be easy as can be. But if I were looking for a larger single hot rod... Extreme(dave) would get my $$$.

Same here but I am partial to the Progression's. The finest quality boat on the Island. And built to withstand everything you can throw at it. My last 27 was a truck. And nothing I mean not even a screw came loose for the 4 years I used the boat..

That is in my eyes is the quality that I want in an offshore boat.

Stormrider 06-02-2005 08:26 AM

Titan, I hear ya, but I think a progession is MUCH more $$ than these other boats. And extreme has been doing very well in SVL.
Plus I saw a 27progession w/ twin OBs this weekend in Reynolds channel.
Looked nice, but why do they all have the same paint job? :D

JCPERF 06-02-2005 08:27 AM

When the new 299 Activator debuts at Jacksonville,It will put all those boats to shame.Top quality ,Handling,and speed.

Titan 06-02-2005 08:50 AM

Storm

The Progression's are definatly more money than those listed above. But you get what you pay for in life. If you want quality it cost money to the best materials into a job. I am sure when you are doing the construction on your house you would choose a builder based on quality and craftsmanship and not solely based on the $.

Stormrider 06-02-2005 09:11 AM

Hey, dont bring my house into this!!! This is about sonic an SB. :D

PE, if you are seriously considering the SB30, I would read through all the threads in the SB forum. I'm sure you'll hear all the good and bad about the boat.

Shore Thing 06-02-2005 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
When the new 299 Activator debuts at Jacksonville,It will put all those boats to shame.Top quality ,Handling,and speed.

Any idea on about how much they will cost with mild power? (496HO)

WesSmith 06-02-2005 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Pure Energy
Titan, thanks for the opinion. I don't think that is bashing, but is exactly the 1st hand experience I am looking for.

Wes, Will told me Steve's boat is for sale so it is something to consider.

I know the Superboat is "bare bones". When I think about my boating habits, all we do is go from place to place. Not much hanging out on the boat anchored. If we do my wife heads straight for the sunpad to catch some rays, or to the cabin for the potti!

As far as other manufacturers, my budget is very tight!! I have done a tramendous amount of work to the Sonic and should be trouble free from now on. Fuel, maintenance, and the "double trouble" of twin supercharged big blocks has proven to be a strain on me.

Thanks for all the info!

Steve's SB has the best paint job of any Superboat EVER IMHO...

Its a great deal and would be a good choice.

I'll be out on the 11th...maybe I'll see you guys then !

Semper Fi 06-02-2005 11:01 AM

I think the Superboat is sweet.
Looks like a nice sit-down boat. Not many V-bottom sit-down boats to pick from. :D