If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:

Question Tunnel Hull Insurance?

Any suggestions on a reasonable insurance company for an Eliminator Daytona 26 with a stock 496 HO? I had Nationwide and they wrote it last year for like $650 a year but cancelled it about 45 days later when they found out it was a cat hull, I had to go with Boat US at about $2300 a year and a high deductible. I have heard Farm Bureau or maybe State Farm might insure it but I am afraid that it might be another Nationwide incident. Any suggestions?

Re: Tunnel Hull Insurance?

total dollar or worldwide is where you want to be in my opionin, they know what they are insuring and will stand behind it, the rest of those guys it might be a crap shoot if you ever have a claim, or they might just cancel you whenever they feel like it....... like they already did..

Platinum Member Platinum Member CigDaze's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Cigarette 35 Cafe Racer
    St. Petersburg, FL

Yep, what Sean said!

Don't be surprised when the premium is 6000/year.

tulsa, oklahoma

Try american national property and casualty. I called a agent and told him I had boat a new 26 daytona. He qouted me $722 a year. I said send it to underwritng and I'll take it. He called back an hour later and said, it was on a list and they would not insure it. I told him I figured that was going to happen and we talked for awhile. He than asked about my home and car insurance and credit history and claim history. I told him I had great credit with no claims. He called underwriting back and talked with them.. I than got a call the next day saying that if I would give them all my insurance they would insure my cat. I did and my premium for my boat is $722. The agent even told me that underwritng told him that the boat would do 90 to 100 mph. He ask why I would want a boat like that......