Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Cumberland Boaters (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/104644-lake-cumberland-boaters.html)

375stinger 06-07-2005 08:28 AM

Re: Lake Cumberland Boaters

1 Attachment(s)
heres a pic of our boat

39 Unlimited 06-07-2005 09:01 AM

Hey Stinger, I did buy the boat from UPM. I'm actually one of John's partners in the new and used boat business. I have met your father several times on the N docks, he has been very friendly.

Good to hear from a Jamestown N-docker on OSO.

Nordic Gary

still smoking 06-07-2005 05:43 PM

It wasn't very crowded at all, we had our boats on the trailers by about 3:00 on sunday for the drive north.

DayTripper 07-05-2005 11:39 AM

I live in Indiana but do all my boating on Lake Cumberland. We have a slip at Grider Hill. We are just a few slips down from Marginmn (who still does not have his boat in the water).

I'll be out of commission for a while since I lost my motor over the weekend of the 4th of July and the boat is now at Unlimited Marine for an evaluation. Preliminary is siezed up with blown head gasket and water in the crank case.

Too bad I can't afford some big power to replace the stock power........... we'll see.

Marginmn 07-06-2005 09:34 AM

Sorry to hear about your boat Todd. Any word on what caused the leak? Head gasket? How long are you going to be in the Boatless club?

DayTripper 07-06-2005 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Sorry to hear about your boat Todd. Any word on what caused the leak? Head gasket? How long are you going to be in the Boatless club?

The boat is at Unlimited Marine right now and John said he will have a full evaluation by the first of next week. Then we will know what our options are... I told Glenda I knew were I could get a new 525 that would drop right in...

John did say we should be back on the water in two weeks which is good cause I have a houseboat rented that weekend and I'm the only one with a boat!!

Have you taken delivery of the 38 yet?

Dreaminbig 07-11-2005 09:55 AM

We're headin down to the lake this saturday, July 16. Is anyone else going to be there? We'll be stayin at Conley Bottom.

Can't wait :D :drink: :evilb:

Marginmn 07-11-2005 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by DayTripper
The boat is at Unlimited Marine right now and John said he will have a full evaluation by the first of next week. Then we will know what our options are... I told Glenda I knew were I could get a new 525 that would drop right in...

John did say we should be back on the water in two weeks which is good cause I have a houseboat rented that weekend and I'm the only one with a boat!!

Have you taken delivery of the 38 yet?

Good luck with yours. I know it SUCKS not having your rig during peak season.

As for ours, she's painted, engines rigged, new interior in, and the only thing holding things up is a backordered XR with sportmaster lower drive. My rigger said Merc was backordered on them but they finally shipped one on friday. They should get it today or tues and be water testing the boat on wed. If everything tests well we will be heading out thrus or friday to pick it up.

I offered to swap you a 525 efi for your engine but you didnt' show up on the dock to take me up on it. Actually, I want to make sure that mine are fine before I let go of that spare.

Dreaminbig 07-13-2005 10:44 AM

3 more days... :evilb:

Sorry I couldn't resist!! :drink:

bobonthis 07-13-2005 11:11 AM

Don't forget to come to our big poker run Sept 10th, at state dock.