Notices

Looking for throttles...

Old 06-03-2005, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for throttles...

...my boat does not have drive trim in the throttle handle - the only way to control the drives and tabs is via switches mounted on the dash. I'd like to have both drive and tab adjustments on the sticks.

I realize you can add a clamp-on switch, but I think that can only control one or the other (drives or tabs) not both. Any idea where I could find some Merc throttles that have trim adjustment in the handle? If I could get that, I figure I could add the clamp-on switch for the tabs.

I've looked at the sweet Livorsi controls Fred sells at Trick Marine, but frankly $1K+ is too much to spend on my stocker 29' Powerquest. Any idea where I might be able to buy a cheaper set? Or maybe find a set of used throttles?

Follow-on - how difficult is it to replace the throttles/shifters and/or add the clamp-on trim control?

Many thanks!
Old 06-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Default Re: Looking for throttles...

http://www.tpmarine.com/index.asp?Pa...ROD&ProdID=719
I know Fred sold me my throttles and I'm very pleased with them, the link I pasted is from a guy I know here in Phoenix, he gets some pretty good deals too. He can also sell you Eddie Marine stuff cheaper than you can buy it from them yourself. I know for a fact Eddie Marine has what you want as well. Give this guy a shot if Fred cant get you what you want, his name is Don Bacca, 602-438-1361.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:41 PM
Registered

Thanks, I've been in contact with Don. Putting together a list of projects / prices right now, so I can try to prioritize what I want to do with the boat.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Good, I know he'll take good care of you, he's given me some smokin deals in the past.