Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck chucked a prop-blade? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/104842-how-much-wood-could-woodchuck-chuck-if-woodchuck-chucked-prop-blade.html)

The Menace 06-06-2005 05:34 AM

Re: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck chucked a prop-blade?

OUCH!

mwdill 06-06-2005 05:36 AM

don't feel bad Brian,
got a stress crack in mine this weekend ,found it before i threw an ear.

Payton 06-06-2005 06:31 AM

Ouch!

t500hps 06-06-2005 07:06 AM

Expensive weekend for a number of boats that didn't even run the radar course. I've got some gelcoat work to do in a 2 x 5 ft area. Barry lost a anchor and lengthy 1/2 anchor line to the Rappahanock, and your losses.... Brian, I've seen you name here for awhile and was glad to meet a fellow OSO'er. Sorry about dunking you, When I realized you were trying to get the other rope (I thought it had already been done) I tried handing you my line again, then tried holding you onto my boat. It wasn't meant to be. That current was rolling!

Sydwayz 06-06-2005 07:38 AM

It was great to meet you and your family as well Russ. I feel for you. I was trying to save gelcoat and paint with my swan dive. I wish it would have worked better.

t500hps 06-06-2005 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
It was great to meet you and your family as well Russ. I feel for you. I was trying to save gelcoat and paint with my swan dive. I wish it would have worked better.

Gelcoat on your side was fine.....the 20 ft cat boat on the other side had some cheesy fenders that worked on the hull all day. I assume you may need to check yours if he ended up tying to you after the fiasco I left you guys with.
I had to duck under a rope to get to the back of the boat and thought it was their rear line. When you and I did our little dance it became obvious there was a problem.
I'll keep an ear out for a prop...that sux!!!

Formula Outlaw 06-06-2005 08:04 AM

Ouch, sorry to see that.....you're right though could've been much worse.

hoghead 06-06-2005 08:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I feel for ya, I did the same thing last weekend. :mad:

OldSchool 06-06-2005 08:56 AM

Dammit, it looks like the Skeg Eating Monster is heading north. Wasn't he in Richmond about a month ago? :p :( :(

kennyo 06-06-2005 09:51 AM

Hoghead, I told you that prop wasn't made to haul fat chicks!