Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Powerboat Magazine and Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/105124-powerboat-magazine-fountain.html)

SCRAPMAN1 06-09-2005 10:21 PM

Re: Powerboat Magazine and Fountain

Apache Carl- The Record Setting 42 Does Have The Same Bottom Design As The Ones That John Q Public Buys And The Same Boat In An Open Cockpit Version Has Gone Well Over 100 With Stock Mercury 525's . Pretty Respectable Numbers For A Boat Available To Anyone Dont You Agree? These Boats Perform Quite Well In Rough Water As Well. As For Over Turned Race Boats, Ive Seen More Than A Few Upside Down And Not All Of Them Have Been Fountains. I Can Also Tell You That Most Roll Overs Arent Caused By An Ill-handling Boat But By A Crew Pushing It Too Far. A Properly Set-up Fountain Can Turn Hard At High Speed Without Spinning Out, Hooking And Rolling. You Are Correct That Fountains Slogan May Be Opinionated But I Dont Feel That It Is As Far-fetched As You Think. Every One Is Entitled To Their Opinion And This Is My .02. :d

fountaindriver 06-09-2005 10:47 PM

I intend to take the wraps off after Labor Day and let Custom Touch Graphics do his magic. This is the same person who painted my purple and yellow boat. Personally, I think the wraps are a great idea as in my case I did not want to lose the boating season with the boat being in the paint shop.

Fountaindriver

OU Want Some?!! 06-09-2005 11:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by fountaindriver
I intend to take the wraps off after Labor Day and let Custom Touch Graphics do his magic. This is the same person who painted my purple and yellow boat. Personally, I think the wraps are a great idea as in my case I did not want to lose the boating season with the boat being in the paint shop.

Fountaindriver

Eddie, boat looks great, numbers look even better!!
I told Nor Tech the same thing, I'd rather boat in vinyl then not at all!! The boys will be heading south soon.....LOOK OUT, and start stocking up on the Red Bull!!

Wasabe 06-10-2005 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF
Wasabe... Traitor, walk the plank.

Hey Matt,
I LOVE Cigarette. Will alway be Mrs. Cigarella however the Fountain does look nice.

XOXO

fountaindriver 06-10-2005 02:22 PM

Hello Dr. Chris,

I intend to take the Fountain to the PRA run in Washington NC and try my hand with the V bottom kilo record. Current record is 147+ held by Bob Russell and Mike Fiore in the OL.

Raising the boost along with race fuel might get me over the 140 mark, not bad for a V bottom with a full cabin. Also, a set of forged Herrings will not hurt my chances.

BTW, sorry to hear about your problems at LOTO, who said it was too loud. Also, tell the gang I will have plenty of Red Bull, tell Michael and Jim to bring the juice.

Eddie

BADA BING 06-10-2005 05:29 PM

At least Reggie got away from installing the Dune Buggy steering wheels :evilb:

I think that new boat looks pretty good, although I agree the Pirate paint job was not too original, my first thought when I saw it was Rum Runner from Cig 2 years ago :eek: :cool:

Hydrocruiser 06-10-2005 08:49 PM

Hey Wasabe...your coochie is showing in your avatar....first the cones and now the coochie.....what's left to the imagination ? :D