Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Eddie Marine rocks....CP performance???? >

Eddie Marine rocks....CP performance????

Notices

Eddie Marine rocks....CP performance????

Old 06-10-2005, 07:29 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eddie Marine rocks....CP performance????

I ran into a couple problems last week as we are getting close to finishing my engines at Wesco. I bought cam driven water pumps from a memeber here on the board to clean up the install well to make a long story short I had Gen 4 timing covers and my blocks are 5's. So Dave is ready to button things up and the covers are wrong totally my fault....so I call CP performance to get covers ordered and next day aired to me. I call first thing Monday am.....they dont have any out of stock..... so I get on the net and look up Hardin Marine the manufacturer....Call them Tuesday am they dont have any....so I ask the guy what the lead time is? He tells me that there is no purchase order in for the parts...what the heck dont you make them? Come to find out CP and Hardin are one and the same and neither one can help me the oder guy says he will try and find me some...hey man the clock is ticking on my Michigan summer and my engines are in a holding pattern Just becouse I look on Eddie Marines site and they show the Gen 4 covers so I call them and ask do you stock the gen 5's also? The sales guy tells me to hang on he goes out in the warehouse and finds the parts yep I have two sets can you get them to me over night ? Sure!!!!! 16 hrs later the parts are at Wesco and my project is moving forward again!!!Thanks a bunch EMI you guys no how to take care of the customer.......CP....what a joke...
Old 06-10-2005, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Eddie Marine rocks....CP performance????

Dyno, good to hear your getting close, I got in the water last weekend myself, I also have delt with Eddie Marine and have always had positive results....now lets "git er done"....hope to see you on the water soon, Fred
Old 06-10-2005, 08:16 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

should be rockin on the dyno very soon!
Old 06-10-2005, 08:30 AM
Registered

We will need to see the numbers after the dyno.....
Old 06-10-2005, 08:33 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dyno thats old news about CP and Hardin. When they ck inventory there cking both at the same time .Most of these people don't make there own products.

Eddie's does make a lot of his stuff and most of the time has it in stock. I have noticed he doesn't advertise that much any more either.

Once I bought a item from Rex and it came in with Eddies packaging . I guess if they don't have it they get it from another.In my biz I have borrowed product form another biz to satisfy a customer

Keep us informed about your motors and good luck.

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:09 AM
Registered

Hey Dyno....I went for a ride on this last weekend....Fred
Attached Thumbnails Eddie Marine rocks....CP performance????-crazyhorse-slip.jpg  
Old 06-10-2005, 09:26 AM
Registered

Dyno, I ran into that problem last year. I ordered 2 timing covers and they never showed. After a few weeks the machine shop guys called CP and they were told the covers were out of stock and they didn't know when they would be getting more. I put the stock sheet metal covers back on. I wonder if they've been out of stock all this time.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
Dyno, I ran into that problem last year. I ordered 2 timing covers and they never showed. After a few weeks the machine shop guys called CP and they were told the covers were out of stock and they didn't know when they would be getting more. I put the stock sheet metal covers back on. I wonder if they've been out of stock all this time.
Now thats what I call great customer service. Yeah Right!
Old 06-10-2005, 10:17 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Ian thats just a crock of crap!! I'll never order from them again.....Fred The girls and I are supposed to run with Dave and Barb this weekend if I'm not wrenching.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Registered

Dyno, I'll be around all day Sat. with oldest daughter and her friend....may be going for a run to Grand Haven...have to take off early Sun. to make a couple of graduation open houses...may see you this weekend....Fred

Quick Reply: Eddie Marine rocks....CP performance????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.